book 1 - chapter 6

Start from the beginning

The two smell each other, then Pabu jumps on top of Naga and scurries through us, making himself comfortable on Mako's neck.

"We've got to hurry." Mako says, once Pabu is secured. Korra nods and we take off.

Mako leads us through the dark streets of Republic City. Once we arrive at what Mako says are the headquarters, we all proceed to get off Naga.

"Something's not right." Mako says as he approaches the entrance. "There are usually thugs posted out front. We better be cautious."

Mako starts sneakily approaching the door. Korra rolls her eyes and proceeds to kick the door open. Mako's eyes widen.

"I don't think that's what he meant by cautious, Kor." I say, stepping in behind her. The building is empty.

"Bolin?" Mako calls. "You in here?"

Suddenly, we hear what sounds as an engine revving. We all run to follow the sound. It takes us to the back ally. We turn to see a truck and five motorcycles speeding away. The doors on the truck are flailing open and I manage to see who's inside. My eyes widen.

"Bolin is in the truck!" I exclaim at them as I start running towards it. Korra and Mako follow in my footsteps. One of the guys in the motorcycle throws something at us and it turns out to be smoke bombs. I sense water particles in the vapor and waterbend it away from us. Korra and Mako slightly cough behind me. "You guys okay?" I ask.

Mako nods while Korra whistles for Naga. The three of us run and jump on her saddle. I almost fall but Mako grabs my arm, helping me up. "Thanks."

Naga is running at full force as we attempt to reach the truck that took Bolin. Mako firebends at them but they all manage to dodge his attacks. Korra proceeds to earthbend the ground beneath them but it only manages wobble them slightly.

I proceed to slowly stand up on Naga's saddle. "What the hell are you doing?" Mako hisses at me.

"Korra!" I call at my best friend. "Give me a boost!"

I proceed to jump off Naga's saddle, Korra earthbends the ground where I land making me fly in the air. I position myself and manage to land on top of the moving van. I look back to see that the men in the motorcycles sent wires and trapped Naga's legs, sending Korra and Mako to the ground. I look around to see that only two of the five motorcycles stayed behind, leaving me to fend with three.

I waterbend the water out of my flasks and slash one of the motorcycles tires. Two left. I then proceed to waterbend the water to cover me and make tentacles coming out of my arms, just like I practiced the other day in the courtyard. I waterbend the water to tangle one of the men in the motorcycle and send him flying. The motorcycle crashes. One more. Just as I was about to deal with the last one, I feel pain in my back. I'm being electrocuted. I was so busy dealing with the men in the motorcycles that I didn't notice that one of the people that captured Bolin had come to the top of the truck to attack me. The pain is too much and I'm thrown off the truck, I fall groaning in pain.

I open my eyes to see that the truck was gone. I failed.

"Luna?!" I hear Korra cry desperately.

"Over here!" I groan. As soon as I shout at her, I feel unbearable pain at the side of my ribs. That fall was not good.

I see Mako and Korra run to me. "Are you okay?"

"I was thrown off the truck." I explain. "Can you heal my rib? It's killing me."

"I-I can't bend. We were chi-blocked."

"Chi-blocked?" I ask.

"Temporary blockage of your connection to your bending." Mako explains. "They got away?"