Chapter 4: Surprise!

Coles POV⋙

I jumped out from behind the couch. She jumped, shock written all over her face.

She ran towards me, enveloping me in one of her famous bear hugs. I almost fell over from her 'attack'.

Oh, how I missed those hugs!

"Cole, what are you doing here?" Her voice was muffled against my jacket. "I've missed you so much!" Then she pulled back, smacking me on the arm. "You scared me!"

I chuckled. She always found ways to make me laugh. That's one of the things I love about her.

I brang her back into the hug, and said, "I've missed you too. I'm sorry for scaring you. I thought you liked surprises."

"I do, just not the kinds that have people jumping out at me. In my house. Wait, what are you doing here?" She asked, pulling away again. Why can't people just stay in the hugs?

"I brought you a gift."

"What 'gift'? You're not gonna throw a snake at my face, are you? If so, then I will have to ask you to leave. I don't want snake bites up and down my fa-"

I cut her off when I magically pulled out a box from behind me. I put it in the palm of her hand.

She opened it, and her face filled with happiness. "These are so cute! But why did you get two?"

"One for me, and one for you," I told her.

They were little danbo figurines, and she seemed to love them. Really love them.

"You're so sweet, Cole! Oh, do you have your camera with you?"

"Why wouldn't I? It's in my bag, stay right here, I'll go grab it." I told her.

When I got back inside with the camera, I chuckled at the way she had them positioned. I took a few shots, and I felt my heart do a backflip on itself. This was just like how we had things before she moved. Me laughing, her smiling her face off, us just having fun. That was how I wanted things to be forever, me and her having the time of our lives.

This is what the photos looked like⬇:

"These are great!" Jaiden exclaimed, surfing through the photos. "What are these called?" She asked, pointing to the figures.

"They're called Danbo's. I got them from Amazon. They are cute, huh? The first time I have ever seen one was when I was searching the internet for light up boxes, and these little guys showed up. Funny, right? Oh, there's a switch where you can turn the lightbulb in there head on and off."

"Oh, really? I just thought it was you and your magical abilities." She shook her head. "Anyway, the answer you gave me for being here isn't enough. You wouldn't come here just to give me a gift, would you?"

Here we go with her questions. Another thing I love about her: she never knows enough. That's why she's so smart.

"You're right. Why would I come here just to give you a gift? Hmm... let me think... oh, that's right, I didn't! I moved here!"

"You WHAT!?!?" She all but screamed, making me rub my ears in 'pain'. "Oh, sorry. But that's great! Where do you live?"

"Right next to you in that used-to-be-abandoned house. You didn't come say hi," I did my pouty lip at her, "Your family is over there right now."

She mumbled something incoherent, so I asked, "What was that?"

"I said, 'that's where they have been all this time.' They left without saying goodbye while I was in the shower."

"I might have had something to do with that," I jerked out of the way of her fist, and it narrowly missed my shoulder. "Okay, sorry, but please, don't hit me again. It hurts!"

"But I was scared, and you need to be taught a lesson." She said with a huff, but she piped down.

"You want to go over? To my place? Its gonna look awesome, I promise."

"Okie-dokie. As long as there's no more attempts to give me a heart attack."

I laughed. "No more surprises. Got it."

"No, there can be surprises, just none that will put me into cardiac arrest territory."

"Well, that's what my family calls surprises. I thought you knew that."

"All right, no surprises," She said, pout on full time.

Love WinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara