part seven- after a long time

Start from the beginning

He pulled out his phone, checking his notifications and scrolling through twitter, liking fanart as he passed by tweets. As he was called to board, he sent a quick tweet that read "im on my way." He liked sending cryptic messages that could mean anything, for people always read into it and make theories (a/n im attacking myself and dreamteamtwt oops).

---

He spent the first hour or two of the actual flight watching videos he had downloaded on youtube. The majority of the videos were compilations of him and dream, or were their own videos. He smiled to himself at the memories, reliving each one to the best of his abilities. Recording the videos together were some of the most enjoyable memories he ever had, and he wouldn't want to film with anyone else.

The next couple hours he watched a couple movies like harry potter (a/n im sorry idk the exact names so u choose ig), old marvel movies, and to all the boys i've loved before. Towards the last couple films, he felt himself drifting off, so he took the opportunity to let himself fall asleep so he could be rested for his arrival.

A couple hours later, he was woken by the static voice letting the passengers know that the plane was soon to land. He quickly put his seat up and slid his carry on underneath the seat in front of him, his hands falling into his lap as soon as he sat back up. Only a mere couple minutes left. Forty minutes at most. His throat felt tight and his head a little fuzzy due to the forcefully contained excitement pooling in his chest. He drew in a shaky breath as the plane landed, his body jolting slightly at the change of force. As the plane came to a stop, all passengers simultaneously stood suddenly, everyone trying to be the first to leave the plane. Luckily for George, he managed to be towards the front of the line, making it easy and simple for him to depart from the flight.

He started at a walk towards the baggage claim, his pace slowly becoming a jog, to a run, and finally to a full on sprint. He tried his best to be patient while waiting for his suitcase to appear on the conveyor belt, however he could barely control himself. His knee was uncontrollably bouncing, and he unintentionally bit the tight skin by his nails slightly. He caught sight of his bag, the dull blue ribbon signalling that the simple black suitcase was his. With a great force, he ripped his luggage off the belt and headed towards the exit of the airport. He hailed a taxi and quickly jumped in as soon as he succeeded in catching a cab drivers attention (a/n hi idk if there are taxis in florida so just roll with it if there aren't). He took a deep breath and read out the details of Dream's house, fiddling with his hands as the car started in motion. The ride wasn't too long, only a ten minute drive which he spent on youtube.

--

He paid the driver and stepped out of the car, dragging his suitcase behind him. He walked up to the door, time seeming to move in slow motion.

He closed his eyes, hesitantly raising his hand to knock on the door.

knock... knock.... knock.

But there was no response. He tried again, each individual knock occurring sooner than his first sequence of knocks.

knock..knock..knock.

but there was still no answer. He tried again, repetitively knocking on the wooden door as fast as he could. He gave up on knocking as he realised he might not be home. Where would he be though? He called Dream,

ring....ring....ring.

yet there was no response from the call either. Instead he tried calling out, "Dream?"

He slowly lifted his hand to hold the knob of his door, debating on whether to try and turn it or not. He turned his wrist slightly to the right, a click sounding as he did. The door was unlocked. "dream?" he called as he stepped inside putting his suitcase inside just incase.