Chapter 23 - Confession No.2

Eren froze as Annie entered his room. He allowed his shirt to be released from his grip and it dropped to the floor just in time for the door to fully open. Annie stood in the doorway, staring. "Oh... I... Just..." Annie tried speaking but her nerves got to her. The two gazed at each other, faces burning. Annie's eyes scanned Eren's body. It impressed her, really impressed her.

"Oh, Annie." Eren spoke whilst subconsciously flexing his muscles. This caused Annie to blush even harder. His scar covered pectorals bulged, his figure was perfect, making Annie swallow her nerves. "I was just about to get dressed." There was a brief silence where the two locked gazes.

Eren was feeling awkward but strangely aroused.

"So umm... What did you need?" Eren didn't get an answer, instead Annie started walking slowly towards him. Wait, didn't this just happen with Ymir? "Annie?" Still no answer. When Annie was a only a step away, she placed a hand on Eren's chest. It was cold.

"Why?" Annie asked with a quiet voice.

"Why do you think? I felt like I was worthless, that there was nothing left. But I mean what I said, I think you're beautiful, not just on the outside." Eren braced for Annie to lash out at him again. Nothing.

"I'm sorry, I've always been like this. I never let myself get close to others, they just let you down."

"As long as I'm here I promise never to let you down." Annie was brought into Eren's chest, this was Annie's first proper hug. She could feel his heart beating fast against her face. 'Could he be nervous?' Annie thought to herself.

"What are these scars from?"

"The factory."

"Why did you go?"

"Because I believe that everyone else's lives are more important than mine."

"I've never met anyone like you."

"And I've never met anyone like you." The two looked deep into each other's eyes. Eren's emerald eyes welcomed Annie and her azure eyes glistened as tears started to form. No one had ever shown her this much care before. "Annie." Eren's expression grew serious.

"Yes?"

"I like you. It might be weird to say it's love, but that's what it feels like. It broke my heart when you rejected me."

"When I realised that you might actually be gone, it hurt me too. I don't know if this is love but you're the first person I've felt like this about."

"Would you maybe... I don't know... Give me a chance?"

"I'll think about it." She gave a weak smile. 'Holy shit her smile is beautiful.' Eren thought. "But tonight, just hold me."

"Deal."

Eren fell onto the bed, Annie still in his arms. The two just laid there for what must have been hours. "Thank you, Annie." Eren eventually broke the silence.

"What for?"

"Giving me this chance."

"I said I'd think about it didn't I? It's not certain yet."

"But if I do get the chance imagine what I'd do to you." This caused Annie to blush intensely. Eren laughed. "I don't mean in that way. I'd treat you like a queen and give you the world if you asked for it."

"But why?"

"Because men are suckers for love."

"So this is love?"

"Like I said before, I think it is but I don't know. Love is cruel, but also beautiful."

"Well I'm looking forward to it." Annie have another smile, bigger this time. Annie leonhardt, the ice queen, smiling.

"Thank you, Annie, thank you..." Just as Eren had finished, his eyes gradually closed and he drifted to sleep, he still needed to rest from the factory incident.

"No, Eren." Annie spoke softly as to not wake him. "Thank you." She gently rested her head on his chest and fell asleep to the soft rhythm of his breathing.

- the next morning -

Eren woke to find a warmth on his left side, he looked to see Annie. "Holy shit." Last night wasn't a dream. Eren moved slowly and carefully as to not wake Annie. He slipped on his clothes and went to make breakfast. 'Breakfast in bed.' The idea flashed through Eren's mind.

- 1 hour later -

Eren stared at his 'creations'. It had taken him three attempts. Way too burnt. Tastes disgusting. It was his third attempt that he had created the perfect full English breakfast. Egg, bacon, sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms, toast. Everything. He took a deep breath before placing it all on a tray and carrying it up to his room where his sleeping beauty was waiting.

He reached the room and quietly opening the door, sneakily slipping in. He was taken off guard by a voice. "Eren?" Annie had just woken up and was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, her hair was down as the clip that held it in had fallen out in her sleep. 'Jesus fucking Christ, I think I've seen an angel.' All Eren could think about was how beautiful this girl in front of him was.

"I-I... Umm... I made this for you." Eren blushes while speaking.

"You're really trying aren't you?"

"Am I trying too hard?"

"No, it's actually what I want in a man. You're the type to give a girl what she wants because you want to give it to her, not because she's forcing you to give it."

"You understand me so well."

"I guess we're meant to be." They both blushed while smiling softly.

"So... Do you want to eat?" Annie nodded while still smiling. She had just given Eren hope.

The two ate while chatting, getting to know each other a bit better, their childhoods and whatnot. "Anyway," Annie spoke after finishing a mouthful of egg. "I was thinking about us, and I think I might give you a chance." Eren was filled with happiness, he could barely contain it. "You're one of the nicest people I've ever met and you're genuinely caring. There's not many people like you these days."

"Thank you Annie." Eren just managed to speak through his excitement. He was grinning like a little child. "Ask anything and I'll make it happen."

"Well..." Annie's face started to turn red. "How... How about a k-k..."

"A what?"

"A kiss?" Eren smiled happily as he cupped Annie's face in his hands. They stared each other in the eyes and pulled closer to each other, close enough so they could feel each other's breath on their faces. The anticipation was killing Eren. Finally, after what felt like ages of staring at each other, the two brought their lips together. Their warmth connected and there was a spark that spread throughout their bodies, their tongues eventually finding their way into each other's mouthes. It was heaven in Eren's eyes. After exchanging saliva, the two pulled away from each other.

"Thank you, Eren..."