Chapter 1 - In the beginning

The boy woke up at the call of his mother, his radiant green eyes widened as he realised. Today was his first day at school. He ran down the stairs as they creaked from the weight, 'what subject will I do? Will I like the teachers? Who will I meet?' The questions raced through his head.

On the bus, he caught sight of a blonde haired boy sat alone, he looked just the same as everyone else, exited but nervous. But there was just something about that boy, he seemed special.

"Hi, I'm Eren" Eren stared at the boy with both a hopeful but anxious look.

"Hello, I'm Armin" the blonde boy spoke with an excited tone. "Do you want to sit next to me?"

Eren's face lit up at the offer. "Sure"

The two boys talked about how they feel and what they thought their new school would be like, Eren, being his usual self, asked about the girls. He has always been one to talk to girls. Armin laughed at the question and smiled awkwardly.

"Oh... I umm... I don't really have any experience with girls" he gave out a small smirk.

Eren smiled and giggled "don't worry, with me, you'll have no problem"

Their conversation came to an abrupt halt when the bus stopped and everyone ran the the windows to see their new school, it was perfect in there eyes, an adventure. 'Trost Primary School'

Eren and Armin quickly settled in their seats, which just so happened to be located next to each other. While the last stragglers were wondering in, the teacher walked in, he smiled as he let the children calm themselves, then he spoke.

"Hello children, my name is Mr Pixis and I will be your teacher for this year, well you might actually be unfortunate enough to have me for your whole time in school" His voice was thick but it had a sense of kindness to it, one that sounded genuine.

The children stared at Mr Pixis in awe, their first teacher.

The day went on with a little team bonding, getting to know each other, no one seemed that important to Eren, but then he saw her. She moved effortlessly as she played light contact wrestling, it was as if she was a master at it. He felt the same way when he saw Armin, there was something special about her. When the wrestling had finished, Eren casually strolled his way up to the girl, she looked up and her black hair blew away from her face to reveal her obsidian eyes. Eren froze as they both stared at each other for what seemed to be hours, their gaze was broken when a football came and hit Eren on the head, there came a laugh from the direction in which the ball came, it was Jean, he was new here too but didn't take long to exert his authority (or at least what authority he though he had). Jean stopped laughing and gave the black haired girl a smile in hopes of impressing her, instead the girl have him and angry look and turned her back on him to help Eren up.

"Thanks" Eren said with a hint of anger. "I'm Eren"

"I'm Mikasa. Are you ok?" Mikasa looked genuinely worried for Eren, maybe she saw in Eren what he saw in her.

Eren smiled at her whilst he grabbed her hand "I'm fine, thank you"

Armin ran up to Eren as he just stood up. "Eren?! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, it's nothing"

"That Jean, he's a bad person, I've heard he bullies people to get what he wants"

"Looks like we might have to deal with him then"

Armin looked at Eren with concern, he looked a bit crazy. "Oh Mikasa"

"Hello Armin, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks" the two stared smiling at each later when Eren asked

"You two know each other?"

"Yeah she lives on my road"

Eren looked at the two and thought to himself, well I've got my friends, that's all I need.

This is my first story

If there is anything that needs improving please ask, I will upload the next chapter sometime in the next week.