Chapter 6

Keefe's POV:

"Aww, does Dexie-wexie have a boo-boo?" I said in a mocking voice. He lunged and pressed my hand to the pan. A sharp pain blossomed in my palm, and I yelped. Tam poured water on my head.

Dex said, "Aww, does Keefie-weefie have a booboo?"

Sophie sighed and filled a bowl full of ice. She shoved me and Dex's hands in the bowl. We sighed in relief. 

"Aww, will you kiss it better?" I asked. She shoved a brownie in my mouth. 

"No." She blushed. "Anybody have any idea what to do next?" 

I threw a pillow at the back of her head. "Keefe!" she screamed. She was about to throw one back, but Biana interrupted. 

"Let's take this to the guest bedroom, I spent too much effort making this room look this good," she said, pretending to examine her nails. Marella dragged Dex and Fitz to the guest bedroom. 

Everyone followed except for me and Foster. I turned to walk out and felt a pillow hit the back of my head. 

"You asked for it!" I exclaimed. I slung her over my shoulder.

"Keefe! Let me DOWN!" She pounded my back as I walked towards the guest bedroom. 

Fitz froze. "How did this happen?" 

"Foster decided to retaliate, so I had to restrain her." 

"Jealous, Fitzy?" Wylie said.

"KEEFE. PUT ME DOWN." Sophie pounded my back again. 

Biana tilted her head. "I dunno, you guys are really cute right now," she said. 

Tam's POV:

Alright, Tam, I need you to pick Biana up the way Keefe is carrying me, Sophie transmitted. I froze. 

Why? I thought. 

It's probably the only way to get Keefe to put me down. 

I'm sorry, Biana, I shadow-whispered. 

"For what?" she asked. I slung her over my shoulder. 

"TAM, WHAT THE HECK???" she screamed.

"If you get Keefe to put down Sophie, I'll put you down," I replied. 

"Well, if that's what it takes then I guess I'm stuck here," she said. Huh?

"They look too cute to break them up," she explained. 

Biana's POV:

Also, I kinda like it up here. Obviously I didn't say that out loud, but...

"Hear that, Foster? You're stuck with me," Keefe said. Sophie pinched him in the side, and he dropped her. 

"HA," she said triumphantly. Tam put me down. Is it bad that I feel disappointed?

"Sorry," he whispered in my ear. 

"No, it's nice- I mean fine. It's fine," I stammered. 

Nice, Biana? WHAT THE HECK? I internally screamed. My face was probably bright red.

I felt a pillow hit the back of my head and turned around to see Dex holding another pillow. 

Tam chucked a pillow at him and got hit by Keefe's. Sophie threw one at Fitz and it exploded, showering him with dinosaur feathers. We cracked up.

"Imagine if he'd still had the clown makeup on..." Tam said, smiling. He has such a gorgeous smile... No, BAD Biana.

"Sorry!" Sophie put her hand over her mouth, trying to muffle her laughter.

After a few moments, Fitz started laughing too. 

He threw a pillow at me, and the fight started up again.

.   .   .

Sophie's POV:

I flopped back on the guest bed, exhausted. "That was intense," I sighed. And it was. Feathers covered the floor, and some were still floating in the air. 

Keefe flopped down beside me. "Yeah," he said. The others flopped down beside us, and we all stared at the ceiling. 

No one said anything for a while. Then Wylie broke the silence, saying, "Can we go back to the living room?" 

"Yeah, I need to change again," Keefe said, "because somebody  dumped water on my head."

He glared at Tam.

Walking back to the living room, Keefe reached for me but I cut him off. "Don't you dare pick me up again."

He laughed. "Only if you stop chucking pillows at my head."

"Deal," I said. We shook hands, and I felt a little spark when we touched. Did he feel that too?