Chapter Two: ℂ𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕦𝕥.

✌︎︎

"Get back soon! I can't wait for the famous freak quick," Kuroo implied about Hinata's and Kageyama's minus tempo quick attack. All of Nekoma wanted to see the set and spike again; to adapt from it and get better. Kageyama heard what the captain of Nekoma said, and he glared at Hinata's slightly-shivering-form before walking inside of Nekoma with Sugawara.

Kuroo smiled and patted Kenma's back, the latter looking up at him. "Sure," Was all he said before he and Hinata walked along the sidewalk, The first year talking about random things with Kenma listening silently. For some reason, Kenma wasn't on his phone like he usually was with his team, he walked alongside his friend with his hands in his Nekoma jacket pockets. Huh.

"Back at Nekoma.... Did you mean to.... c-call Daichi-Senpai -chichi?" Kenma asked, his cheeks slightly pink in embarrassment. -Chichi meant dad, and the second year was confused on why his friend called the captain of Karasuno his father. He didn't know why he asked it, but it was already in Hinata's mind, and he gave back an answer. "Dai-Chichi is the captain of Karasuno, and he always gets me, Noya, and Tanaka out of trouble. He's also reallyyyy nice and gets us meat buns after practice! He's like our dad! So we all call him that, except for stingyshima. But I know he will soon!" Hinata beamed, and when Kenma nodded in understanding, he continued to talk about other things, like how scary Ushijima from Shiratorizawa's spikes are.

Does that mean that Kuroo would be like our dad? Kenma thought to himself about his captain of Nekoma, before he realized they were almost at the store.

"Shōyo. We're here..." Kenma explained to his friend, and the two went into a small sports shop. It wasn't very far from Nekoma High, so Kenma had been in the shop a few times with Kuroo whenever the latter felt he needed something. The captain also had a tendency to talk with everyone, so the employees knew him, and naturally they tried to speak with Kenma. "Kozume-San, welcome back!" A cashier greeted, and the duel-hair-coloured male gave a short wave.

Kenma didn't say anything though, he wasn't the type for conversations with anyone other then Hinata and his team.

"Who's that you got with you?" The cashier asked, and Hinata semi-bounced over to him and introduced himself. "Hi! I'm Hinata, Kenma's friend!" He greeted, a goofy smile plastered on his face, and the cashier greeted back. "Hey, I'm Yamhii." He said. This Yamhii was a black haired male, with short hair that was slicked back with gel, and dark brown eyes. He looked to be about 5'6" in height so Hinata didn't feel offended by his height when talking to him.

The first year then asked where the sports shoes were, and Yamhii pointed in the direction. Hinata thanked the cashier, bowed, and bounced over to the section he was directed to. Kenma walked over to the shoes as well, with his friend now in front of him. "Woah, look at these ones!" Hinata exclaimed, showing Kenma a pair of white sports shoes with orange laces.

The second year nodded his head, then turned it to face wherever Hinata got the shoes from. He eyed another pair of the same white shoes, but this time the laces were yellow. It was almost like the shoe was calling out to him, but if Kenma said that, Hinata would think he was crazy.

Or would he?

The second year picked up the yellow-laced shoe, and brought it up to Hinata's. Somehow, when the two pairs were together, they looked somewhat complete. "Wow! That's amazing!" Hinata said, getting excited again. It was strange, how the exact same shoe with only different coloured laces looked so consummated, but Kenma gave a small smile, the reason why unknown to him.

They both checked the sizes of the shoes, then walked over to where Yamhii was at the cash register so he could ring them up. "You're buying them?" Hinata asked about the yellow-laced white shoes, and Kenma nodded. He didn't exactly need the sports shoes: he already had a pair at Nekoma that was fine, but he felt that he needed to buy them.

"You know, there was a myth about some pair of shoes that were white." Yamhii started to explain, and Hinata looked up to the male in curiosity, which only made he cashier smile. "Apparently a couple bought matching shoes what were white, and something gruesome happened to them. It was never revealed what happened, but only when they completely trusted each other they went back to normal..." Yamhii continued to Kenma and Hinata, the former not caring all that much, but Hinata looked intrigued.

"That's cool!"

Hinata and Kenma paid for their shoes, and before they left, Yamhii called for the second year. "Yo, kozume-San! Your boyfriend is cool. Bring him over more and we can hang out." He said, and Kenma blushed a dark shade of red. He left the small sports store without saying anything back to the smirking cashier, and tried desperately control his flamed-up face.

"Now we can go back and play Volleyball! Let's- Kenma? Your face is red, are you alright?" The ginger yelled out loud, and Kenma shakily nodded his head before they started their walk back to Nekoma High School. The second-year got his face back under control, and it was just in time, because Hinata decided to talk to him. "Why did you get those shoes? Don't you have pair?" The ginger asked, curious. Kenma shrugged. He wasn't really sure himself.

"I guess... I felt I needed them...." he murmured, expecting Hinata to laugh at him for something so weird. His response was not what he expected at all. "That's amazing! And now we will have the same colour shoes! Now we can go gwaaaa and show off to the Great King tomorrow!" He yelled in excitement, jumping into the air. The first year started to run ahead along the sidewalk, forgetting that Kenma didn't like to run. At all. "Let's hurry and get back!" He yelled, getting lost in all his fun bouncing around. Yeah, the second year was rather an introvert, he didn't like getting all sweaty, and he certainly didn't like running. But just this once, he ran after Hinata.

It's strange, what type of affect someone can have on you.