chapter six

Hello hello! So for the longest time I didn't update and I finally did, so yay! Anyway, not much happens in this chapter but things will start to take off soon, so stay tuned. Also, please vote on this chapter, it really helps me out. Thanks!

Aelin

My head pounded terribly the next morning and I rolled over, expecting to bump into Rowan. Except I didn't. The bed was empty.

I sat up quickly and scanned the room. It was nice enough, but nothing compared to being back home. My stomach grumbled and I stretched, slowly getting up. Where was Rowan?

After my bath I searched through the closet, finding a shirt and trousers like the one I saw Feyre and Mor wearing the day before, only in a pretty aqua color that matched my eyes. I put on the clothes, surprised they fit and walked downstairs.

As I approached the kitchen I heard either Cassian's or Azriel's voice say, "so you just stuck a a wooden table leg through the guy?"

Rowan's responded in his usual deadpan tone, "clean through his chest." the other male laughed loudly. I walked into the kitchen to see Rowan sitting across from the male, an array of food on their plates and the strong aroma of coffee filling the room.

"Morning Fireheart," Rowan greeted as I stumbled onto a spare chair beside him. I didn't answer, but instead just grabbed his mug of coffee and downed it. The other male chocked back a laugh and I shot him a glare.

"Laugh at me again and what Rowan did to that soldier will be nothing compared to what I do to you." I hissed.

The male rolled his eyes, "you chose an interesting one, Whitethorn."

Rowan shook his head, "You can't choose your mate, if you could, Fireheart would've-"

I cut him off, "chosen someone else. Probably Dorian. Although Fenrys isn't such a bad option either, but definitely not your cranky immortal ass."

Just as I said that Fenrys walked in with a wolf-like grin. He opened his mouth to say something but Rowan quickly cut him off, "fuck off Moonbeam or I'll gut you like a fish." Cassian, I believe, was just grinning throughout the entire encounter.

"I wasn't going to say anything; Aelin covered just about all of it. Is there any food here? I'm starving." Fenrys grinned.

Dorian was the next to enter, "Aelin you just signed away my life, by the way. I can't take Rowan and you know that."

I grinned in return. Aedion laughed his way into the kitchen, Lysandra behind him. It seemed like everyone had waited for me to come. Elide smiled as she limped in, wishing everyone a good morning.

We chatted a bit until Feyre and Rhys walked in. Rhys grinned at us and said, "we may have found a book about portals, which would explain how you managed to switch realms."

Feyre dropped the heavy book on the table and opened page 732. The text wasn't in a language I could read.

"What do you mean you may have? What language is this?" I asked, running my fingers across the page.

"That's the problem. It's not in the common tongue." I turned the book over to Rowan, who narrowed his eyes at the marks on the page.

"The good news is," Rhys added, his purple eyes sparkling like the night sky, "we know someone who might be able to read it."

I perked up, "who?"

"Helion, the High Lord of day court," Rhys replied neatly. I looked over at Lysandra, her mouth curved in disdain.

"Where is this High Lord?" Aedion asked, swallowing a piece of bacon.

"He's away, currently, but he's to be back at the end of the week."

A week.

That was seven days more than I had planned. Trapped in a different realm.

I kept my face impassive but looked at Rowan, seven days? that's a week away from Terassen, not to mention Evangeline.

Rowan nodded, I know, Fireheart, but we don't have any other choice.

I put my hand on Rowan's, "you mentioned you're recovering from a war? We were recently in one and would like to help in any way possible," I said, looking at Feyre. At Rhys.

They exchanged a look before Feyre said, "of course, we'd be honored to receive your help, although there isn't much to do,"

Aedion's face tightened, "nothing? Surely that's an exaggeration."

Feyre and Rhys looked at each other again, "we would love to show you around Velaris, the city of starlight. Maybe we'll find something there?"

"That sounds wonderful," I replied, trying to keep my tone calm. I found it absurd that they didn't trust us enough to let us help them.

Lysandra stood from the table, her eyes cold. She just walked out of the house. Aedion glanced at me for a split second before chasing off after her. Elide shrugged as the Night Court gave us a weird look, "they'll be back," she explained softly.