chapter two

Aelin

I grabbed one of my twin blades and threw it in Feyre's direction. Luckily, she ducked just in time and it sailed over her head. I saw Rhys glare at me with such loathe in his eyes that reminded me of my time as an assassin.

"It wasn't aimed at you, so calm yourselves." I demanded, giving Rhys and Feyre that simmering sweet smile.

"Then who the hell was it aimed at?" Rhys demanded, forcing me to look into his eyes. I didn't, showing him he couldn't intimidate me like everyone else. He thought he looked scary but he didn't know that I was hell.

"Salvaterre," I drawled, a grunt and then a fae male blessed by the god of death appeared. His upper arm bleeding with a knife still I impaled in it. Rhys cursed something under his breath.

"Bitch Queen." Lorcan grinned and Rowan snarled. Gods I missed him. I smiled widely at Lorcan.

"Rowan, Lysandra, Aedion you can release them." I said, and they did. Then I turned to the High Lords. "I didn't mean to hurt any of you, I hope we can work this out so that me and my court can get back to our homeland."

Feyre stepped forward, "My mate and I would be happy to host you until you can find a way back."

I dropped my head an inch, "Thank you." Gods, it was so hard to be nice. She dipped her head slightly in return.

The other High Lords dispensed unceremoniously and left us with the Night Court rulers and their friends.

"We could do introductions now but it would be a waste. We'll get to Velaris and then you'll get the full inner circle welcoming." Rhys said.

Lorcan cleared his throat and I glared at him, "Yes?" All pretenses of niceness had leeched from my voice.

"What on earth am I supposed to do?" He growled, like I owed him something.

"I honestly don't give a damn what the hell you do. As long as you stay far away from the lady of Perranth and my court. Because, I'll put this lightly. You have nothing left to gamble, trade or leverage against anyone. You are done. So unless you want an ugly death I suggest you...." I made a sweeping motion with my hands and he growled, slowly disappearing into the night.

"You will regret this Aelin Galathynius," Then the darkness devoured him.

"... Should we go?" Feyre offered, looking uncomfortable. Good. I turned to Rowan and he nodded ever so slightly, as if to say, get it over with, Aelin.

"Would you mind is the rest of my court comes with us? I would hate for them to stand all night like this." I voiced it as a question but they all knew it wasn't. Rhys nodded. I turned to the trees that surrounded us and drawled, "Everyone who's is brooding in the forest, come out, come out."

[Hey guys! Don't forget to vote for these two chapters!]