04

Hindi ko alam kung tatawagin ko rin ba siya pabalik pero para saan? Should I ask him kung kumusta na ba siya pagkatapos niya akong saktan, lokohin, at makabuntis siya ng iba? Should I be nice to him? The happiness I felt when I saw him, faded

Hindi ko alam kung tatawagin ko rin ba siya pabalik pero para saan? Should I ask him kung kumusta na ba siya pagkatapos niya akong saktan, lokohin, at makabuntis siya ng iba? Should I be nice to him? The happiness I felt when I saw him, faded. Parang buhangin na nasa palad ko na unti-unting dinadala ng hangin.

6 years.

Yet the pain is still fresh. Parang kahapon lang noong nangyari ang lahat.

I remembered the months I was pregnant with Arren, the months that he should've been there, and the years he should've been there for Arren.

To be a father.

I knew I took the chance away from him.

Pero masisisi niya ba ako?

I took away his chance to be a father because he made me believe that he doesn't deserve the chance and Arren... Arren deserves the whole of his father, not just his part, but his whole. Something that Zecky couldn't give because he already has Aleesa and their child.

And I will not let Arren compete with that because I already failed and I was and still hurt. Paano pa kung yung anak ko? I can't take it... seeing my child as the second one, seeing her ask for her father's attention and love. I mean... Arren deserves more. Hindi naman siguro masama na maghangad ako ng mataas para sa anak ko.

"Hindi ba ako nananaginip?" he mumbled to himself. I could clearly hear it, masyadong tahimik ang paligid naming dalawa.

O baka... mas nangingibabaw lang talaga iyong boses niya sa pandinig ko?

Nagsimula na akong maglakad pero bago ko pa siya lagpasan, I said, "You're not dreaming."

I flashed him a timid smile when he looked at me before I walk away from him.

I tried to act naturally in front of Fate, she continued to talk, so I listened to her but my mind was already full to absorb everything that she's telling me.

Fuck. It took me years to build myself up again.

But all at once, I was back to zero just by the mere sight of him.

Parang gago lang.

"Good morning." Our food was served with his greeting. I couldn't even look at him. Pakiramdam ko nakatingin siya sa'kin.

"Good morning too!" bati naman nitong si Fate.

I almost rolled my eyes but I controlled myself not to. Bakit pa kasi siya yung nag-serve? Halata namang hindi siya ang serving staff dito.

"Good morning," I heard his voice again.

I sighed and took a glance at him, "Good morning," I greeted back.

"Enjoy your meal," he said, giving me his manly smile before he walks away.

Damn.

He's not wearing his black apron anymore and the simple glance I gave him still made his looks stuck in my mind. Fine! He's so attractive with his new look pero hanggang doon na lang yun.