Room 302

CHAPTER FOUR

ALEX

Two months ago before Ruby was back, I was in need of a secretary because my former secretary resigned due to some family emergency and as life played out Chioma was the only person available at the moment. Since I was desperately in need of one, I gave the job to her but I avoided her like plague because the last time we met was when I stupidly kissed her. I didn’t want to give her any hope of us being together.

Unfortunately, A day came when I called her into my office so she can give me the financial reports because my personal assistant wasn’t around so she acted as my PA for the day. She used the opportunity.

“Hi Alex, you called for me.” She said seductively which was actually irritating. Sometimes I wonder where the shy Chioma that was Ruby’s best friend is. A complete opposite of her.

“It’s Mr. Chimezie or Mr. Alex.” I corrected her.

“Hi Mr. Alex” she said batting her fake eyelashes and biting her lips while dragging her already mini skirt up openly craving for my attention. Too much skin is on display.

“Where are the reports I asked for?” I asked ignoring her tactics.

“This is it Mr. Alex” she leaned forward seductively so her bossoms were showing and dropped the reports on my table.

I wonder what the ladies of nowadays have turned to. All behaving like sluts. I decided I’m going to change the dresscode.

“You can go now.” I say dismissing her so she can get out of my sight.

She went to the door but didn’t open it instead she turned back to me and walked forward.

“Mr. Alex…”

“Yes Miss Chioma?”

“I’m always available for anything. Don’t hesitate to call me when you need my service personally… You know what I mean.” She winked, dropped a card on my table then left my office.

I picked up the card and I saw her number and her address.

"Number 10, Trivia lane avenue. Hmm.  But I don't think I'll need it." so I threw it in the dustbin.

|Back to present|

Sitting in my car that is packed in the hotel parking lot still unsure about my recent decision, a message popped in.

Room 302, I’m waiting ;)

The message gave me my answer.

*
*
*

RUBY

It hurts. I still feel the pain of his harsh words even after he left. The last statement he made is still ringing in my brain.

"If you must know Ruby… I also have a girlfriend I love so much. But for the sake of our parent’s friendship and your father’s company, I forcefully agreed to this."