Your eyes widened.

That confound response of yours earned her seemingly genuine toothy grin. "Now ... About Izuku.. You'll be a good girl and take responsibility for his death, right?"

...Responsibility?

Everyone wondered what she was getting at, yet none of her subordinates made the effort to stop her. Using your shock to her advantage, you would feel a brute wave of force aimed toward your stomach, making you lean forward followed by the spat of your saliva.

Your body vibrated in agony, and you collapsed to the floor yet again, only this time it was much more painful. Toga crouched before you, grasping onto your [H/L], [H/C] locks tightly to raise your head up. Her eyes were cruel, and she paid no regard for the others near.

"What are you doing? This'll make that UA kid less likely to join us." Dabi said sternly. He looked agitated, if not then even more than before, maintaining his hands in his pockets.

It was already obvious that Toga didn't care, and she continued as she brought your face quite close to hers. Quiet for a moment, she suddenly released you, causing you to groan... Though it was naive to think that was the end of it. 

You shrieked loudly as a sharp object lunged into your thigh, only burrowing deeper and deeper the more she kept twisting the blade. "You're in pain now, [Y/N].. But imagine how I feel.."

The blur in your eyes continued to devour your vision, however you did nothing but rest there, having lost your energy moments ago. You couldn't even writhe in agony; a result from her earlier whispered words. "You're not even gonna put up a fight? A little boring of you, [Y/N], but I don't mind..." 

She reached over to the fairly small pocket knives sheathed into a holder latched around her thigh, making it known that she was getting ready to make sure you savor your next round of pain, however before that, the sound of a loud burst of the doors shifted everyone's attention. 

Twice strengthened his posture and even readied himself, yet Shigaraki lifted his hand in a silent command for them to freeze. The doors to the abandoned facility eerily came to a close after a figure stepped inside, his clothes drenched in sweat and a dark red staining his skin. He walked with heavy breaths, splotches of blood forming a spotty trail behind him as he staggered a bit.

Focused on you rather than his injuries, his haste and lethargy was vivid. Shigaraki couldn't help but grin. Other than Toga's outburst, the pieces were falling into the right places. He gazed toward your figure who had been intimidated in a fraction of a second. That look on your face revealed just how terrified you were, urging him to recruit the egoistic blond even more. 

Bakugou moved his eyes away, seeming as if he were profusely looking for something else. The second he set eyes on the magic man Compress, the atmosphere had sank heavily. Everyone had been pulled into the young man's dull red eyes, lacking the very emotion you might call remorse. Enveloped in so much horror that you were paralyzed, a scoff left the male's lips as a familiar object had been raised, the nuzzle aimed for the other's head. 

"...I found you."

"Compress, get out of the way!" Shouted Dabi. Being met with those deranged eyes, however, Compress himself was as stiff as you. He was intimidated, and because of this vile sensation his movement was limited. His foot shifted back, and his forearm slowly budged to shield his face. The noise of a gun being fired led your ears to bleed, and in the second you blinked a certain color of red filled the air. 

A harsh thud had occurred. 

Blood seeped from the wound in his head and surrounded his body, his arms remained sprawled out, and his brown eyes were devoid. To your misfortune, Compress' corpse settled just beside you and Toga, allowing you to get a good look of his petrified expression. Bakugou approached, sending off relentless rounds to the already perished man. When he finished off the rest of the bullets, he continued pulling the trigger constantly, silent yet oddly fixated. 

By this time the nuzzle of the pistol emantated thin smoke, and everyone did not utter a peep. Finally, Bakugou looked at you, who was still below Toga's hold. Distaste was embedded into his frown. The pistol was now directed toward the villainous girl, leading her to flinch violently, but once he pulled the trigger once more... the muffled noise acted as an instant reminder. He paused. 

"Oh.. right.." Mumbled Bakugou. Tossing the weapon onto the floor, it skidded along the cement. As Shigaraki, the leader of this supposedly terrifying group stared at his subordinate's lifeless figure, his anger festered like an infected wound. "It seems I was wrong about you, Katsuki Bakugou. Toga, take care of him." 

 Rather obediently, Toga moved away from you, and lifted up her pocket knives. "Yes sir!" She prepared herself to inflict damage, but the moment Bakugou stepped forward... he collapsed onto the floor roughly. Surprised, and feeling a pinch of worry, you stared toward Bakugou who didn't move a muscle. Cautiously, Toga approached alongside of Dabi. They were skeptical, at least at first, but once they nudged him they proved that he was no longer conscious. 

"..I think he's knocked out because of his wounds..." Said the male with black hair. He then looked at Shigaraki, awaiting his next orders. With a sigh, the other lifted his hand. "Get him up and tie him down. We'll do the same with his girlfriend." 

Dabi moved to grab you. You didn't retaliate, much like you couldn't, and while being lifted to your feet you watched as Toga went for Bakugou as well. No matter what you saw, you couldn't shake the feeling of unease. He was bleeding from head to toe, so he might've fainted from blood loss.. that's what you wanted to believe. He was full of tricks, and could easily outsmart them in a heartbeat. 

That intuition of yours was correct. Not long after Toga picked Bakugou up, a small clank, followed by the roll of something heavy met with the floor, instantly halting your captors. And as everyone took the time to recognize it, Bakugou suddenly lunged forward and out of Toga's grasp, charging towards you. 

It was a grenade. 

[Chapter END]