In sickness and in health

"WHAT?!" Odin shouted at Frigga. "We cannot just let him roam around freely, putting Asgard and the rest of the nine realms at stake!"

"I'm not suggesting that we do," Frigga replied as she tried to calm her husband. "We would obviously have to take certain precautions, but I cannot, in good conscience, send him back to that cell."

Odin huffed angrily and threw his arms up. "Your love for him clouds your judgement!"

"It is my love for him that makes me see more clearly than any of you. He is not well and I fear if any more stress is put on him..."

Odin pressed his lips together in begrudged agreement.

"I have not lost hope for him. He needs love and comfort, not degradation."

All was silent for many moments. Then...

"Alright"
--------------------------------------------------

"Furthermore, you will not be allowed to leave the palace grounds under any circumstances. You will have access to your personal quarters, the gardens, certain sections of the library, and only when summoned, the dining hall. Do you accept these terms?"

Loki was stunned. Odin had minutes ago burst into the healing rooms and told him that his sentence was being changed. The allfather had then went into a rant about all of the new rules he would have to follow. Why? Why was his sentence being changed now?

"Loki!"

Loki snapped back into the reality and nodded quickly. There was NO way he would pass up this opportunity.

"And one last thing."

An einherjar came in carrying a small ornate box. He opened it and Loki craned his neck to see what was inside.

Oh hel no!

Another guard came over and secured the metal muzzle on Loki's face.

"We thought it best to silence your silver tongue in a more civil way than originally planned. It will only be taken off for you to eat. You may go now."

A healer undid the bindings securing him to the cot. As he was sitting up the healer also secured the separate bindings that had been discussed earlier onto him. The two silver anklets bound his magic and the matching bracelets would send painful shocks throughout his body if he tried to harm another being. Both could be converted into chains if they needed to bind him further for any reason.

After they were placed upon him, Loki immediately felt the effects of his magic being blocked. It wouldn't kill him, but it would make him easily tired and a bit sick at times.

He gave a curt nod to Odin before he rushed to his quarters. He closed the door behind himself before collapsing onto the ground from exhaustion. He was breathing heavily through his nose and everything was spinning. He lied there for what seemed like an eternity before he found just enough strength to pull himself onto his bed. He covered himself with a soft black blanket and closed his eyes, willing himself to fall asleep.

Just then he heard his door creak open a bit.

"Loki?" A soothing voice murmured from the door. Loki tiredly lifted his head up to see his mother standing in the doorframe. "May I come in?"

Loki softly nodded before laying back down on his pillow. His mother came in and sat on the edge of his bed.

"How are you feeling?"

Confused, happy, tired, worried, sick...

Loki shrugged. Its not like he could do much else anyways.

"You look tired."

Loki nodded a bit as Frigga's warm and concerned eyes gazed back at him.

"Do you want me to do what I used to do to help you to sleep?"

Loki nodded vigorously. His mother smiled as she climbed into bed with him and pulled him closer to her. Loki rested his aching head in her lap as she sang.

A naoidhean bhig, cluinn mo ghuth
Mise ri d' thaobh, Ó mhaighdean bhàn
Ar rìbhinn òg, fàs a's faic
Do thìr, dìleas fhéin

A ghrian a's a ghealach, stiùir sinn
Gu uair ar cliù 's ar glòir
Naoidhean bhig, ar rìbhinn òg
Mhaighdean uasal bhàn

Loki started to fall asleep to the sweet sound of his mother singing the lullaby. When she was about to go into another verse she paused for a moment and whispered," I love you, my little Loki"

I love you too, Amma was Loki's last thought before falling asleep in his mother's arms.