Fate

Frigga sobbed as she held her son in her arms. Odin rested his hand on her shoulder as he kneeled down in front of Loki's body. Thor begged the healers to do something, but they told him that they could not. The Avengers stood in silent vigil above their once-enemy turned friend.

Frigga felt another hand on her opposite shoulder, this one more gentle, but had unbridled power coursing through it. She looked up to see a young healer maiden, looking down upon her with a kind, but serious smile.

"Allmother, your child is unlike any other. He saved the universe at the cost of himself. That is a debt that the universe herself will never be able to repay... but I can. If I may?" The maiden gestured to Loki's body.

Frigga hesitated for a moment before handing off her son to the maiden. She brought him over to the place he had stood upon during his trial and lay him down.

Two of the other healers, one old, and one who looked about Frigga's age, made their way over to the other healer.

They rested their hands on the maiden's shoulders. As soon as they did so all three pairs of hands started to glow golden.

They spoke softly, yet their words travelled across the silent throne room.

"Born as son of Laufey and Farbuati, Raised as son of Odin and Frigga, brother to Thor. You endured the darkness of the void by your own volition to protect your family, Asgard and her people, and by extent, every living thing in the galaxy, all who would have been slaughtered if not for your actions. For those lives saved, we the Norns of Yggdrasil give thee our thanks in the form of renewed life. One that guarantees your eternal happiness in the halls of Valhalla or beside us, should you so choose. With these words, rise."

Their hands glowed and glowed until the entire throne room was filled with a blinding light.

When it receded, all the Asgardians and Avengers blinked away their blindness. They looked toward the place where the three women once stood, they were nowhere to be seen. What they could see, was the youngest prince, grunting, as he pushed himself off of the ground.

"Loki!" Frigga called to him in relief. She got up from where she was standing and ran to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Odin, after the shock wore off, soon followed his wife's lead and held Loki's head against his chest. When Thor came over, both parents let go to allow their older to go to his brother. Thor wrapped his arm around Loki's torso and cradled his head with the other. Loki slowly brought his arms around Thor when he was sure he could do so without falling onto his back again.

The sun rose through the throne room, shining down on the happy family.

A/N: Hey y'all. I know this is a short chapter, but that is because the next one... is the last 😱, i know, i know, terrible, but I had a really good time writing this and hopefully the last chapter ties up some loose ends. Thanks to everyone who is reading this, and also why are you reading this, my writing is terrible? XD. Anyways, I'll see y'all in the next chapter!