Chapter 20

The red engulfed the gaze of anyone fortunate enough to meet with it. Or meet with its inhabitant. Kylo Ren marched his way into the throne room, head held high, shoulders back as his gaze fell on the pitiful man he knew as General Hux. Kylo's blood boiled as he thought of all the different, painful ways he could kill him. 

"Tied on a string indeed, General Hux," Snoke spoke, Hux and Kylo watching each other like children trying to impress their teacher. "Well done. The Resistance will soon be in our grasp,"

"Thank you, Supreme Leader," Hux replied, turning to face his true enemy, a spiteful smirk appearing on his face as he walked past Kylo. The tension between the two boys obvious to any that were lucky enough to see it. Kylo knelt before his master, bowing his head in submission.

"You wonder why I keep a rabid cur in such a place of power? A cur's weakness, properly manipulated, can be a sharp tool. How's your wound?" Snoke's voice bellowing around the room.

"It's nothing," Kylo replied, his body language tight and tense.

"The mighty Kylo Ren," Snoke continued standing up from his throne, "When I found you, I saw what all masters live to see, raw, untamed power... and beyond that, something truly special. The potential of your bloodline. A new Vader. Now, I fear I was mistaken."

"I've given everything I have to you... to the dark side" his modulator breaking his words as he spoke.

"General Hux has informed me otherwise. Fraternising with the enemy, a rebel prisoner? Childish to say the least, I expected more from you, my young apprentice. Take that ridiculous thing off," Snoke not even sparring Ren a bar of care. Ren's hands reached for the locks of the helmet, the quiet squeal indicating its release. His helmet revealed his scarred and bruised face, the weight of his actions evident in his persona. 

"Yes.. there it is. You have too much of your father's heart in you, young Solo,"

Kylo's head snapped up to meet his master's gaze, "I killed Han Solo. When the moment came, I didn't hesitate!"

Snoke's frustration evident as his voice boomed around the room, "And look at you. The deed split your spirit to the bone. You were unbalanced bested by a girl who had never held a lightsaber! You failed!" Ren raises to attack Snoke his embarrassment written all over himself, but Snoke blasts force lightning into the ground, hitting Ren and blasting him back to the ground. The Praetorian guards drew their weapons in response, ready to protect their master. 

"Your ignorance towards this rebel girl only aggravates my disappointment for your performance more.  Alas, you're no Vader. You're just a child... in a mask," the words like fire, flickering off his tongue and burning any last hope Kylo had, he got up now facing his master his eyes full of distress and terror. Snoke's golden robes contrasted by the black and red of his background and throne as he sat down, indicating he was done with the boy. Kylo stomped to the exit, his anger protruding from him. As the doors closed his mind flashed between anger and embarrassment and he gazed down at his mask considering it, running through the things that Snoke had to say and like a child throwing tantrum he grabbed his mask in his hand and smashed it against the wall of the elevator. The glass shattered around it, and he peered down to see the damage he had done, and just like countless times before his anger possessed him as he smashed his mask over and over until it was in pieces in his grasp. 

-

The warm water flooded your head as you stood underneath it, closing your eyes enjoying the moment alone. Kylo had been gone for some time, and you were sick of waiting, this was one of the first times that you had felt relaxed. There was always a comforting feeling of a warm shower, even if it was on a First Order ship. You reached out and dispensed soap into your palm, rubbing your hands together to lather it up, and then you washed, enjoying every second as it softened the skin on your body. You swore you could stand in there for hours, the steam from the heat surrounding you and it made it all so much more enjoyable. And your mind wandered off as you thought about the conversation you had heard between Hux and Kylo, the seriousness of Snoke's power forever growing in threat towards yourself and Kylo. A sudden feeling of protectiveness overcame you as you thought of the lengths you would go to protect yourself and Kylo. The First Order, Hux, Snoke no one would stand in your way to defend him, though you were sure he was the one more capable of protecting. 

You jumped as you heard a slam and then thudding that gradually became louder, you spun to turn to find its source and were met with worried eyes. Kylo was in front of you, almost in a sweat, his eyebrows furrowed, jaw tense as he looked your naked body up and down. 

"What's wrong?" you asked, his worried expression making you anxious. His eyes were struggling to look into your own. "Kylo?" 

He stayed silent, the worry so deeply detailed on his face. You reached your hand up and cupped his cheek, smiling at him gently. He continued to avoid your gaze and your anxiety spiked; you wanted to embrace him and let him know that he was loved. His eyes scanned your face, and before you knew it, his lips smashed into yours full of desperation. You kissed him back with the same desperation you opened your mouth and felt Kylo do the same. You moaned into his mouth, and he kissed you harder, his hands still on your face and then skimming down your back and landing on your waist. Until he pulled away, his sad eyes waiting for your reaction. You welcomed him with caring eyes hoping that he felt safe in your presence.

"Come," he whispered, turning toward and out the door, you grabbed the nearest towel, drying yourself and placing the fresh pair of clothes you had been bought days before on yourself. Your eyes fell on the bed anticipating Kylo to be there, but to your surprise, you found him deep in thought in one of the chairs in his quarters. You considered him for a moment, admiring his face, his hands, him. He looked up at you now, and you walked over to him.

"Sit," was all he said and you knew better than to make him wait so you straddled him, legs either side of his and you locked eyes, a firing passion between you both. You gazed upon his scar, following it from his forehead down below his neck and you gulped thinking about the pain he must have felt. You jumped as you felt his arms wrap around your waist, pulling you closer to him, you played along, placing your arms behind his neck. To have him embrace you first was shocking to you, but you longed for it, his quiet breath on your neck as you hugged completely. You closed your eyes as the comfort reminded you of so many that were important to you, your parents, your friends, Leia. Oh, what you would do to see them all again, you thought. You pulled away from Kylo, but his grip around you tightened, not letting you go from his embrace. You smiled into his neck, breathing in his scent and you realised you never acknowledged it, he smelt of something electric and sharp, and a slight hint of leather. He pulled away from you now, and his eyes scanned your face before his hand reached up, pushing a stray hair from your eyes, something so small yet so significant. And this small amount of care made you think maybe, just maybe Kylo had a slight fondness for you too. 

-

I hate this chapter, please forgive me lmao