Chapter 15

The floor shook under your feet as the trooper stood still figuring out what to do with you. You looked around spotting dozens upon dozens of First Order groups running around frantically. Shouting and the loud echoes of the damage being done to the base bellowing around you.

"It's the Resistance, they've penetrated the thermal oscillator and we've been instructed to escape," one of the many troopers said to the one escorting you.

"What do I do with the prisoner?" they asked

"Leave them, they are the least of our worries," as they said this the trooper behind you starred at you for a second before they ran off towards the exit.

"Hey, don't just leave me!" you yelled but they didn't care you ran after them hoping to find your own way off of this horrible planet. Your heart flipped while you ran as you thought about the Resistance. How had they managed to infiltrate the planet without your plans? General Organa and the Resistance were truly incredible, they always managed to find a way. You hoped that maybe, just maybe they would find you and take you back home. You ran through a doorway out into a large open space. The hangar. There were so many people running around in a frantic trance, grabbing supplies and preparing ships that it looked mesmerising in a way. Your heart thumped in your chest while you surveyed the area trying to find something to aid your escape from the bases demise. But you wouldn't be able to do much with the restraints still on, the least the trooper could do was take them off.

"Damn," you groaned wiggling your arms as you tried to free yourself. It was no use. Your eyes fell on a small ship on the other side of the hanger and in an instant you sprinted over to it, hoping that no one else had the same idea. You almost felt free, considering your current circumstances but it had been far too long since you had been able to run and it felt so exhilarating as your hair flew around you. As you got closer you noticed the large windows of the base and the vast white landscape that surrounded it. Only weeks before had you been fighting for your life out in the forest, succumbing to Kylo in the cool snow and been taken prisoner all over again. Dread overcame you as you thought of Kylo, how he had just let Hux do what he wanted, just let you be terminated and never seen again.

You were metres away when you spotted the doors to the outside opening and a dark figure stumbling through them. At first, you didn't comprehend anything because you didn't care about the First Order but when you grew closer you realised you recognised who it was. You considered leaving him to die after the fate he had instilled for you but someone bumped into you sending you forward, you composed your balance and something in your mind switched. After everything, you still cared for him and something drew you to go help him. You sprinted towards him and as you grew closer you noticed a great red gash across his face, from his shoulder up to his eye there was a cruel red liquid pouring out of him.

You gasped as he noticed you, the fear burning in his eyes as he fell to the ground in front of you. You screamed out and called for help, begging for someone, anyone to help. But no one was listening they were all too worried about saving themselves to pay attention to what was going on right in front of them. Something pushed you on the floor next to Kylo and you landed on your knees, you squeezed your eyes shut as you felt the cool floor on your hands. Someone was speaking to you but it was so muffled it all sounded like noise, you turned to face them and you were met with grey eyes, an older woman. Her mouth was moving but you couldn't pin together what she was saying you were too shocked for your mind to work. A sharp sting across your face snapped you back into reality as she slapped you to your senses.

"We need to get him onto this ship now!" she yelled, you looked her up and down noticing her First Order captains uniform. "I said now!"

You shook your head looking back down at Kylo, he was a mess blood pooling around him. Two others were there attempting to lift him up and onto the ship. You struggled to assist the troopers because of your restraints but you did the best you could as Kylo was transported and placed on the ground of the cockpit of the ship.

"Does anyone know how to fly this thing?" the captain asked. You debated whether or not you should put your hand up, you assumed you were more experienced with flying than half of these people but you knew if you didn't Kylo would be at a greater risk.

"I-I can," you said quietly

"What? Speak up we don't have time!"

"I can fly it,"

"A prisoner?" she cocked her head at you analysing you for a moment. "Look we don't have time for this, hurry up and get us out of here rebel."

"Undo my restraints otherwise I can't do anything," you said

"Very well, try anything and we will shoot immediately," she growled, you nodded and the troopers approached you, removing your cuffs. You sprinted to the front of the cockpit, jumping into the seat and flicking on the numerous amount of buttons before the ship groaned to life. Grabbing the handles you pushed them up and the ship lifted off the ground, you heard the troopers behind you fall while you tried to balance the ship.

"You sure you know how to fly one of these?" a trooper yelled

"Hurry up and go!" the captain snapped and in an instant, you lunged the ship forward rocketing out of the hangar as the explosions started around you. You flew so quickly into space that you fumbled and struggled to control it, but after a few seconds, you got the hang of it. Damned First Order can't make things easy for me, you thought. Kylo groaned behind you and your head flung around to see if he was okay, the troopers were tending to him with the medical kit from the ship.

"Where am I taking you?" you asked. The captain walked over to you and punched in the coordinates as you turned back to face the front of the ship.

"Done, now go before we explode with the base!"

The ship roared into lightspeed, the familiar whirlpool of colour indicating it was successful as the base exploded behind you. Your hands were shaking as the images of Kylo flicked through your mind, the gash across his face making you feel ill. Worry overcoming you, what if he doesn't make it? Your thoughts stopped while the captain beside you began to speak

"We require immediate assistance as we land. We have a severely injured person onboard and require immediate medical attention," she said, repeating it. Your entire body was shaking as she spoke into the coms, you were sure you were about to blackout if you didn't calm down. Minutes past and you tried to calm yourself, stabilizing your breathing. You couldn't look at Kylo because each time you did you drew closer to losing it. The ship slowed and your eyes fell onto a massive silver ship, it was nothing like you had ever seen but you assumed it was where you had to go. Something in your mind tempted you to just fly away somewhere else, somewhere safe and somewhere free of the First Order but you knew that the troops would shoot you as soon as they suspected anything. You steered the ship into an opening on the closest side of your destination into what seemed to be a large hanger. You gripped the handles tighter as you steadied the ship trying your best to land steadily so that Kylo wasn't at more of a risk. As soon as it landed the captain beside you pressed a button and a squeal from the door erupted, you heard yelling and thumping of boots. So many ran onto the ship and straight to Kylo's aid, placing him on a medic bed so gently and exiting the ship in seconds. You raced from your seat to follow them but something told you it was best for you to stay.

"Is he going to be okay?" you asked, your voice so shaky with worry

"That's none of your concern, prisoner," the captain replied. Your eyes fell to the ground as the troopers beside her approached you holding the cuffs in their hands. And once again your freedom was taken from you in an instant.