I had been flying all night, now it was mid-morning. I had no place to go and Ice would need a break and some food soon. It was extremely beautiful and felt strangely familiar so I decided to fly down and check it out. Worst case they'll kill or torture me which I honestly deserve after my meltdown. 

Oh my god, stop being so dramatic! This is the problem!!! 

As I came closer I noticed people stepping out of their beautiful homes and gazing up at us flying down towards them. Most of them have probably never seen a dragon in their lives so I don't blame them. 

We flew down to a random garden next to a gigantic beautiful mansion near the castle, it being the only place large enough for me to safely land. I hopped off Ice's back, patting her then sending her off to go hunt in the forest and find herself some food. 

During the trip I was experimenting and managed to create a link between our minds so that I could send her my thoughts. That was if she is far away and I need a ride I just have to call out to her and she will come. 

I looked around, marveling at the gorgeous flowers and plants everywhere when noticed a head pop out of the mansion I was standing in front of. 

"Opal?" The figure called out and I squinted my eyes to try and make out the blurry shape. After a couple minutes I recognized him as Halo, the fae I had met at the ball yesterday. 

"Halo!" I exclaimed, beyond thankful to see a familiar face. 

I jogged over to him with a smile, trying to make myself look a little better because I knew my hair was all tangled from flying through the wind all night and My clothes and skin were a complete disaster from when I blew everything up and my eyes were red and puffy because I had been crying for a large majority of the trip. 

"Come on in." He said gently when he noticed my broken appearance and I nodded, dropping my smile and letting my real feelings shine through. I was too tired to put up a facade and he obviously wasn't buying it. 

Walking slowly towards his front door, all of my muscles aching I gave him a little grateful smile and he pulled me into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry, Opal. He's your mate, isn't he." He said softly, having witnessed my meltdown

I nodded, trying not to break down into a pile of mush again. He doesn't deserve my tears! He's probably completely fine with his wife, happily ruling over their kingdom and enjoying their luxurious lifestyle and freedom. 

How come when someone is unfaithful they get to just move on with their lives like nothing happened but the person they were with gets broken and has to waste time in their precious lives to heal! What kind of backwards bullshit is that?! 

Halo let me into his house and we sat down, he handed my a nice cup of coffee and I ranted to him about everything that's happened. EVERYTHING. I even talked about how everyone I thought was my friend on earth had betrayed me, just there to help keep me away from where I really belong, how they were just faking. I hadn't faced those facts, just ignoring them, pretending they didn't happen, I didn't realize how much they were dragging me down. 

From my grandma dying, Jack cheating on me, how I met King to everything that had happened yesterday. He was really nice and just listened to my ranting, nodding along and holding me when I broke down, handing me 2 tissue boxes worth of Kleenex. By the end of it I felt a million time lighter. 

"Well, you can't say your life is boring." He chuckled lightly and I laughed through the last bit of my tears with him. 

"I'm sorry about that. Thank you for listening. Seriously, you're a really good person, I mean you barely know me!" I said, feeling a little guilty for taking up so much of his time. 

"Oh, I forgot to tell you one thing..." I said, my cheeks heating a little in embarrassment. 

"What?" 

"I, uh, stole their dragons..." 

"You what?" 

"I - " 

"You stole their dragons? Where are they? I don't understand." 

"I sent em back with a little message..." 

"Why did you steal them in the first place?" He asked, looking completely confused. 

"I was umm mad?" 

He stared at me for a couple times in silence. 

"He stole your heart so you stole his dragons?" He asked, laughing to himself at what he thought was an amazing joke. 

"Shut up! I felt bad once I did it and sent it back! It was just in the heat of the moment!" I said angrily which made him chuckle a little.  

"What was the message? What was your excuse for stealing them?" 

"Ummmm..." 

I stopped for a second, hoping he would let it go, my cheeks burning even brighter as my stomach clenched at me stupidity. 

"I said, uh, 'Just Kidding, haha, I wouldn't steal your dragons, I'm not crazy like that. But, I could've if I wanted to... So, ya, do with that what you will.'" I said, reciting the words I had told the dragon. 

Halo burst out into laughter, actually flinging himself off the couch, grabbing his chest and laughed so loud I was sure the entire village could hear it.

"Stop that!" I wined, hitting him with a pillow. 

"I-I"m sorry, its just-" He said through laughter while I continued to whack him with the pillow. 

I sat on the couch and pouted and after about a minute he stood back up and turned back to me. 

"Awww, don't be like that. Come on, Its funny! How could I not laugh!" 

"Shut up." I mumbled angrily. He chuckled a little again before sitting next to me and pulling me to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

"Oh, my little Opal, what are we going to do with you." He sighed and I just snuggled into his giant frame a little. "By the way, don't worry about the whole no one taking you serious when you're angry thing, its a problem that a lot of fae deal with, although I have to say, you don't really fit a lot of the fae stereotypes."

I nodded, huffing a little, my eyes beginning to become heavy. Maybe I should call Ice so we can find a place to stay for the night. 

"You look tired, I'll bring you to your room." He said standing up and pulling me to my feet with him. 

"I can stay here?" 

"Of course! Actually, I'm forcing you to stay here! You're going to stay here for however long you like, a week, a decade, I don't care, You're staying here until you feel better and then you can leave and get on with your life without King dude. Got it?" 

"Thank you." I said, thankful tears springing to my eyes. Seriously, how is there any water left in my body!

"No need to thank me. Go take a nap and I'll start on dinner." He said, leading me to one of the guest rooms in his mansion. 

"There are extra clothes in there I have just in case and the bathroom is through there." He said, showing me around the room. "Call me if you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen. I'll come get you once the food is ready." 

I tried to say thank you again but he cut me off, "I said to stop thanking me." h said sternly before closing the door and walking off. I happily took a shower, changed into some of the extra sweats he had in the cupboard, they were a way too big and made for men but they would work just fine. I finally threw myself into the giant plush bed and immediately passed out, not having slept in more than 36 hours.