White Fragility - Summary, Author's Note & Copyright

♥♥♥

* Summary *

//❝Suddenly, being powerful and rich didn't seem so perfect anymore. It was a place full of pretence and farce. A place where the wealthy controlled the poor like puppets in their hands. For the first time, she didn't feel proud of who she was❞. //

♥♥♥

Teagan Caridi, a rich white girl, falls for a poor black boy, but Jasper Mitchell is haunted by his heritage and prejudice. Teagan must attempt to eradicate rigid hierarchy, favouring the rich and white even if it means giving up everything she's earned for.

♥♥♥

* Disclaimer *

This book discusses themes of racism, classism, sexism, trauma repression, rape, bullying, excessive drug use and contains offensive language. These do not reflect the author's views. If you are someone who is easily offended, I suggest that you cease reading immediately.

Copyright © 2020 KshisheyRana. All rights reserved. No part of this work or any of its content may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the author.

This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual person, organisations, events or situations is purely coincidental. 

♥♥♥

Author's Note:

If you're here on this page, thank you for taking the time to read! I started writing this book in 2015.

The story is loosely based on my experience in a private school. However, some events have been exaggerated for entertainment purposes. It's crazy how I got the character inspiration! One day, I was working at my job and a school boy who was a regular customer came to the counter to purchase his items. The only thing I noticed was the silver earring on his left ear. That's how Jasper's character was made. I also happened to be looking through the old photos of my school formal and a fellow classmate of mine was wearing a beautiful formal outfit. Somehow, she fit the ideal criteria of Teagan. I put two and two together and started writing this story. Crazy how we get inspiration from the most random places.

There are a few reasons why it took me so long to publish it out here. I wasn't confident enough in my writing. But slowly, it improved. Then the inevitable happened. I lost all my transcript by accidentally overriding it which completely made me lose inspiration to write anymore. Then Covid-19 lockdown happened and I got back to writing the story. So here it is now!

There may be some spelling errors or outdated references since I started writing this story a while ago so please bear with me. Also, the storyline is in Australia so some of the references and wording may be a little different.

♥♥♥

♥♥♥