Chapter 61 | You Don't Care

"Theo, you can stay in the guest room. Liam, I'll just share my bed with you." I tell the boys as I unlock my door. Liam didn't feel like going home since his parents would make sure he goes to school so he told them he was staying with me tonight. While Theo has nowhere to go but his truck, I said he could stay the night too. "Don't you have friends that are girls?" My dad asks walking out the the kitchen. "Yes, but they got other things to do dad. Liam and Theo are the only ones that I have been working with for the past two days." Dad eyes Liam, "Dumb-bar." Liam looks at me and I roll my eyes. "Dad, Goodnight. We have a busy day tomorrow." I give him a kiss running up the stairs with the boys following. Theo goes straight to bed while me and Liam talk ourselves to sleep.

At the Animal Clinic, Scott, Liam, Mason, me, and Theo listen to a voicemail retrieved from the phone they found at the Primal Pack headquarters

At the Animal Clinic, Scott, Liam, Mason, me, and Theo listen to a voicemail retrieved from the phone they found at the Primal Pack headquarters. A woman's voice says - "Hey. It's me again. I don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me, but this is too long. It's too much, and it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just ... I need to know everyone there with you is okay. Can you just please call me, please. One call, that's all I'm asking for. And, if you can't call me back, I'm going to get my answer anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself if I don't get a call from you. I'm coming up there so just try, try to remember it's my pack too." I know that voice...

"I've heard that voice before but I can't think of who it belongs to right now." I point out trying to think but couldn't. Liam says Malia pulled the phone off one of the bodies in the woods. Scott explains there were six dead and one of them had no face. Theo speculates that the one with no face may be the woman on the phone. Mason says the same thing happened to Aaron. The Anuk-Ite took over Aaron's body, stole his face and his DNA. They speculate that whoever the woman on the phone is, she might be the other half of the Anuk-Ite. "But I don't think the woman's voice on the phone is the person who you found. She called this phone left a voicemail, so she knows who owns the phone." I explain my thought and Scott says I make a good point.

"Okay hold on

"Okay hold on. Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? If we know about one half, let's just go for that one, that's Aaron." Theo says making a point so I agree with him by a head nod. "I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think it'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone." Mason says walking next to Theo. "That's agreeing with Theo." Liam points out. "Yeah, but I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit." Mason says making me look at him while Theo looked slightly hurt confused.