9-- confession (frickin finally!!) (July 7, 2020)

"We... may need backup."

Lloyd and Kai rush into their gis and when they were finished, they went to the balcony and jumped off, made their elemental vehicles (yes I know just deal with it) and went off. On the way, Kai broke the eery (?) silence by saying, "What do you think's going on there? Normally those guys got it covered, even when we're facing a super-strong emeny." 

"Hm, I don't know. I mean, they sounded like this is more than they alone can handle." Replies Lloyd. "Maybe this is a super-DUPER- strong emeny." "Yeah, maybe."

Soon they arrived at Borg Tower, and before they went in, Lloyd began having second thoughts. "wait... if this emeny is more than they seem, maybe it would be better to just... not fight it? I mean, so far we've beaten every enemy that comes our way, but that was always working together. Those guys, whoever they are, beat the others. We could help, but if they're already defeated we're the only ones left, and so they have a higher chance of beating us. Are you sure about this?"

Kai put his hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "Look. If we bail now, the others are going to be disappointed in us. Lloyd-kouhai--" "Don't say that I'm only a few months younger than you" "Gomennasai. Lloyd-kun?" "That's fine" "... We need to do this."

If you have no idea what I just said, Kouhai is a Japanese honorific used for addressing younger people, and gomennasai means sorry (informal). Kun usually means "young male" or "boy", the same way Chan is used for females. Just clarifying.

Lloyd sighs. "Fine. We'll do this."

they enter the building and head to the 3rd floor, where they knew the other ninja were. After making it, Zane finds them and explains the situation to them. "Trickfangs sound scary. Plus, a female general? There's no doubt they must be stronger than the other tribes." Remarks Lloyd, acknowledging (?) the fact that females can be very strong when they want to. 

When Zane moved out of the way to dodge a piece of flying metal that Growler had thrown, she noticed Kai and Lloyd. "Hmf. More? Now you guys are starting to get on my nerves. Coulder, Vermount, finish these weaklings off by tearing apart their team."

two scary-looking serpentine slithered to Kai and Lloyd. After picking them up and getting ready to throw them away, just as they had the other ninja, Growler interrupts them. "No, I meant by KILLING THEM!" All the ninja gasp as she says this. "wait. wait, wait wait wait!" shouts Kai, putting his hand behind his back, getting ready to draw his sword. "I'm sure there's no need to do that! I'm... sure that... we can work things out?" he says, slowly pulling his sword out of its sheath (?). 

"We don't need to do this!!! P...Please?" Lloyd and Kai gulp as Kai's sword slides out of its holder, slipping out of Kai's grip and clattering on the floor. The hallway goes silent.

Everyone looks at the sword as the Trickfangs glare at Kai.

"YOU WERE GOING TO ATTACK US????" Shouts Growler, grabbing Kai and squeezing him. "HOW DARE YOU." "Uh-uh... Um...." he replies. "I hate you..." says Growler, glaring at him.

She raises Kai into the air and yells, to the other Trickfangs, "I will do you the favour of killing him myself. Everyone else, focus on the others." "NO!!!!!!!!!!" shouts Lloyd, kicking at Vermount's grip. "Let go of me, I have to save my friend!!" but that's all he is... a friend. No, I'm sure he sees me as more than that! But...he doesn't. yeah... and what's the point of confessing if he doesn't even like me back?  I mean... we can try. Maybe he likes me back. but he doesn't and that's all there is to it. He only sees me as a friend.

Growler had grabbed Kai's sword and was now raising it to his stomach. "Wait... Lloyd... No..." Growler had also strangled him, making it harder for him to breathe. "Give up, tiny ninja. You know you can't save him now." No... I can save him! Just... Let... GO OF ME! But if you don't... then what? Lloyd-kun will be gone, and I could never save him. But I have hope! Except that I shouldn't. There's no point... yes, there is! I've gotta be strong! For Lloyd-kun!! But of course he wouldn't care. Yes, he would! All he's got to lose if I die is a member of his team. He feels nothing towards me.