Chapter 13

DISCLAIMER: EVERYONE KNOWS I DON'T OWN HARRY POTTER!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter 13:

I was in a field.

The bold green grass must have been up to my knees and wild flowers grew in patches all over. They weren’t like any flower that I have ever seen before; they looked very out of place and the words beautiful and dangerous was written all over them. The early sun’s rays were making the flower’s dark purple petals glitter with freshly laid dew and the silver stems were infested with thorns just like a rose.

That’s what it looks like, I thought. It’s a purple rose with a silver stem.

I bent over and reached a hand out to touch it, despite the part of me that screams ‘NO,’ but something stopped me. A giggle. Like it came from a little girl. I listen, but I didn’t hear it again. I reached out once more, but the giggle came again.

A gust of wind rushed past me, carrying the giggles. I caught sight of her white dress and I ran after her. The girl’s blonde hair was like a river of gold dancing in the wind.

“Wait!” I yelled.

The girl turned around and giggled once more. “You can’t catch me!”

That made me speed up, but my legs weren't working, like I wasn't moving. I couldn’t pump them any faster than I was already. She was slipping away from me. I kept trying and trying, but something was weighing me down. The girl continued to run and she didn’t stop until she reached a well.

The well was a simple stone well. It had a rotten roof that looked like it could fall of at any second and the bucket was just the same. The rope was blacked with dirt and fraying off every few knots. But the only thing that stood out was the purple roses wrapped around the stone at the base of the well. It seemed to grow right before my eyes, slowly covering every centimeter of the stone. One silver vine even managed to make its way up the little roof.

The girl slowly turned around and it was like I was looking in a mirror. She had the same purple eyes, the same shortness, and she even had my mother’s necklace. She even looked the same age as me. The girl- or I guess me- plucked a single purple rose off of the well and twirled it in her hand. But after a few seconds, the rose slowly started to change.

The glittering petals melted into midnight black and the silver looked like it was rusting off. A speck of rust fell to the grown and underneath was a black stem. The rust started to molt off fast and faster like it was shedding skin. The stem wiggled free from the black flower and snaked around the other me’s hand. It slithered to her left arm and it lied there, sinking slowly into her skin. The black petals from the rose started to turn an acid green and evaporated into a green cloud- one petal at a time. As more of the petals joined the cloud, the thicker it got, swirling around me, obscuring my vision. My eyes were slowly closing, but I fought the urge to.

My eyes flung open and all I could see was darkness around me. Slowly, the room came into focus and it didn’t take me more than a few seconds to realize that I was in the hospital wing. I looked down at my right arm- it was wrapped up in a sling, but I could still move my fingers. As I looked farther, someone else was in the bed next to mine. Even in the dark, Ron’s red hair stood out.

“Ron,” I whispered, my voice sounded as if I was getting over a really bad cold. “Ron!” I whispered a bit louder. The ginger still snored lightly in his bed.

I sighed and took a mental note that he was a heavy sleeper. I grabbed the pillow from under my head and threw it onto his bed, landing straight on his face. He woke up with a start, flinging the pillow off of him like it was Norbert. “What?”

“It’s good to know that you are up now,” I replied sarcastically.

“Violet?” Ron asked stupidly.

“No, it’s Snape- yes of course it’s me! What are you doing in here?” I asked.

Ron groaned and said, “Norbert’s fangs might be poisonous because my hand started to turn a sickly green.”

“What did you tell Madam Pomfrey?”

“I told her that a dog bit us and-” I snorted. “What?”

“Ron, Madam Pomfrey knew you had to be lying because dogs aren’t poisonous! Unless there is some unknown breed that is,” I said.

Ron’s ears started to turn red. “Well then you should have come up with something!”

“Sorry, I was a bit distracted by passing out!”

“Anyways, Hermione and Harry are getting rid of Norbert tonight at the Astronomy Tower and Malfoy might know about-”

What?” I squeaked. I threw off the covers and quietly slipped out of the hospital bed.

“What do you think you are doing?”

“To the Astronomy Tower! If Malfoy knows, then Hagrid could lose his job!”

“But you just woke up!”

“Hagrid is more important!” I shouted quietly so that Madam Pomfrey couldn’t hear me. “Anyways, I’d love to see Malfoy make a fool of himself.”

Whatever Ron had replied, I never heard it as I slipped through the Hospital Wing’s doors. I pressed my ears up to the doors, listening if Madam Pomfrey had heard anything, but there was no noise. I didn’t even know that I was holding my breath until all the air rushed out of my lungs. I tiptoed away from the door and started to head towards the tower.

The only noise in the corridors was the light pitter patter of my feet hitting the stone floor, or at least that’s what I thought. I came to a sudden haut when I heard something in the shadows. I tried to press myself up against the castle wall, wishing that I was invisible. Something dashed out right in front of me. I had to bite my tongue from screaming. It was Mrs. Norris.

I tried not to laugh at myself, how stupid I was to think it was something really scary- like maybe Snape. Mrs. Norris just sat there in front of me, not moving. Her nose was twitching like she was smelling me, but she wasn’t running off to get Filch. I could see the reflection of the moon bouncing off her eyes as they darted across.

I was slowly growing inpatient of her just staring at me, so I did something that would make Fred and George proud of me: I kicked the thing. I saw her go flying in the opposite direction and flee right before my eyes- and Merlin did it feel good. I smirked to myself and started my way up to the Astronomy Tower.

I think that I must have been too caught up in the moment when I ran into something- well, someone. His sleek blond head was looming over with a look of surprise on his face mixed with pain. I heard a cough and I looked over to who was holding Malfoy by the ear- Professor McGonagall. I felt the color of my face drain.

“Miss Smythe!” demanded Professor McGonagall. “What in Merlin’s beard are you doing out of the Hospital Wing!”

“Sleepwalking?”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

A/N: Woo! I updated! It's short, I know!! But I'm SO SORRY that it took so freakin' long! I had a whole lot of flippin' homework to do after I was sick! But, wow, 1,064 reads?? How did this happen? I really want to know this! But  thank you for supporting me and waiting on me to update! I can't tell you how much I love you guys right now! Peace hugger-muggers! ~ Cheyenne (a.k.a PrincessOfHearts13) xXx