Chapter 4

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER! IT IS TOOOO ORIGINAL TO COME FROM ME!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter 4:

After over stuffing myself, I shoved my pate forward so I won’t be tempted to eat anymore of it. Tori had finished before me and she kept eyeing the second Yorkshire pudding that was in front of her as if it was going to bite her. Then the whole Hall grew quiet and I looked up at the staff table and saw Dumbledore standing up.

"Ahem - just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

“What? Are we horses or something?” I whispered to Tori.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." I could have sworn that I saw he eyes flash over towards the Weasley twins. "I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.” A couple of people snickered at the idea of that ever happening.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death." I started to giggle but I was one of the only ones to do so.

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" Dumbledore gave his wand a little flick and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself into words.

“This better not be cheesy,” muttered Tori.

"Everyone pick their favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!" Then the whole school started to sing (minus me and Tori):

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,

Whether we be old and bald

Or young with scabby knees,

Our heads could do with filling

With some interesting stuff,

For now they're bare and full of air,

Dead flies and bits of fluff,

So teach us things worth knowing,

Bring back what we've forgot,

Just do your best, we'll do the rest,

And learn until our brains all rot.”

I laughed as I heard Fred and George finish last with a slow and death-like tune.

"Ah, music," Dumbledore said. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

“Again, I ask, ‘Are we horses or something’?” I asked Tori and she giggled.

Everyone in the Great Hall rose and began exiting the Hall. Everyone who was a first year had to follow a Prefect. Apparently, there were two in each house, but our house only had one. The reason why being that the other person didn’t want to do it.

So, Tori and I followed a fifth year Prefect named Madeline Clarke along with the rest of the Slytherin first years. We walked down a set of staircases and turned a couple of corners. But it seemed like the further we walked, the creepier and colder it was. Very little portraits and paintings hung along the walls, but when we passed one, it whispered to the nearest picture and started to point at us.