Chapter 12

• Dedicat lui My Fans

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER! OWNING IT IN MY DREAMS DOES NOT COUNT!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter 12:

I think that we had misjudged Quirrell.

Weeks had passed and the only thing that was changing was Quirrell getting paler and thinner, but it didn't look as though he'd cracked yet.

I had told Tori what had happened when she was in the Hospital Wing. So every time we passed the third-floor corridor, we would press our ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside and hopefully not get caught. Snape was flying around like an overgrown bat and still had his nasty temper. But that was probably a good thing because it probably meant that the Stone was still safe. I have seen Harry pass Quirrell and he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Ron had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter.

Everyone seemed to be focused on the stone, but Hermione. She started drawing up study schedules, color coding all her notes, and she even did it to mine a few nights ago.

"Hermione, the exams are ages away," I said.

"Ten weeks," Hermione snapped. "That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel."

"But we're not six hundred years old," Ron reminded her. "Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it all."

"What am I studying for? Are you crazy? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me…"

Sadly, the professor must have taken Hermione’s idea. They piled so much homework on us on the Easter holidays and it weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. Tori and I were stuck in the dungeons most of time doing Snape’s homework. But every now and then, we were able to study in the library with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It was pretty hard to study in peace with Hermione next to you reciting the twelve uses of dragon's blood or practicing wand movements.

"I'll never remember this," Ron burst out, throwing down his quill and looking longingly out of the library window.

I stifled a laugh at Ron. Then his eyes went wide with surprise and he shouted, "Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?" Harry snapped his head up at Hagrid’s name.

I turned around to see Hagrid with his hands behind his back, like he was hiding something. "Jus' lookin'," he said, in a shifty voice. I listen closely.

"An' what're you lot up ter?" He looked suddenly suspicious. "Yer not still lookin' fer Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?"

"Oh, we found out who he is ages ago," said Ron impressively. "And we know what that dog's guarding, it's a Philosopher's St—"

"Shhhh!" Hagrid looked around quickly to see if anyone was listening. "Don' go shoutin' about it, what's the matter with yeh?"

“Yeah Ron!” I mocked. “What is the matter with you!”

"There are a few things we wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact," said Harry, "about what's guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy —"

"SHHHH!" said Hagrid again. "Listen — come an' see me later, I'm not promisin' I'll tell yeh anythin', mind, but don' go rabbitin' about it in here, students aren' s'pposed ter know. They'll think I've told yeh —"

"See you later, then," said Harry.

Hagrid shuffled off.

“That was quite rude,” I tisked Harry and Tori giggled behind her hand.