𝐢𝐢.𝐢𝐢. 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬

"ELOWEN, I KNOW IT HURTS, but we can't stay here," Wendell said tenderly, kneeled in front of the girl to obstruct her vision from the sight that had made her sunk to the ground

"ELOWEN, I KNOW IT HURTS, but we can't stay here," Wendell said tenderly, kneeled in front of the girl to obstruct her vision from the sight that had made her sunk to the ground. Shattering her in a million pieces. And carrying and undeniable, unbearable ache to her chest and the organ which hid below it. "That's exactly what they want, Elowen. What they were looking for We have to leave".

But the girl wasn't listening to him. A river of wet tears soaked her face and cheekbones, her eyes and cheeks becoming red both by her cry and the anger boiling under her skin, heating it as she sobbed. Instead of Wendell's plea and voice, other ones took place in her mind. Repeating themselves over and over, by a voice she had freshly been robbed to hear again.

"Welcome to your hell in heaven".

Sawyer is gone. Her subconscious strived to make her realise, her own inner voice trying to get through the boy from Seven's words to reach her mind and understanding. But Elowen couldn't. Not even following the sight of his spiritless body, void of its natural glow and radiance, with her own eyes. A body now painted of the scarlet red varnish which had once kept him alive. Breathing.

Amongst other feelings in the whirlwind that took her soul at the moment, the girl found a strong resentment directed towards herself. Blame and anger, reprimanding her mind for having such behaviour. You knew the things that coming here implied. It could have been you. It could have been Wendell. Many others have died already, and many others will. Your own chances haven't lowered by surviving the first bloodbath.

But he was her friend. One of the few little ones she had held close to her for the years of torment they'd gone through. Someone who understood her, just like Callista had before him. A true and pure soul, still the owner of a light which Elowen had lost, in the hell of a life that surrounded them.

Hell in hell.

Elowen covered her ears with her palms to block all the noise around her. Isolating herself from everything and everyone that surrounded her. For once, and after a lifetime of trusting and relying on her hearing, she wanted it gone. Turned off. She didn't want to hear a thing. But the only voices which she really craved and meant to quieten, were the ones on her head.

And those ones, she couldn't make them disappear.

Now, all that was left for the ginger to do was pray for Sawyer to find his true heaven. The one he had joked so much about in his existence, but which they all truly sought for. Even if it happened to be too painful to admit. Away from all the wickedness of punishment that had come into their days after a paper had sealed their fates, now years from then. And for him to rest peacefully in it, away from the worries and fears that had haunted him on this course.

"Come one," Wendell told her, taking the girl's hands away from her ears and placing an arm of hers around his shoulder while he lifted her up with him. "You'll let it all out, but you have to be here with us now, Elowen. You must," he said firmly. "You must pull yourself together because this ain't stopping anytime soon," the boy remembered her, for the games were enduring and would continue to do so until there was only one of them standing.