𝐢.𝐱. 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

WHEN THE SUN BEGAN TO FALL AT THEIR FEET, Wendell and Elowen walked silently back to their rooms before someone could spot them awake

WHEN THE SUN BEGAN TO FALL AT THEIR FEET, Wendell and Elowen walked silently back to their rooms before someone could spot them awake. The ginger found her body and soul in need of a few minutes to herself, before all the preparation for something which was by then inevitable, began. And she wouldn't get them if someone found her awake and operating already ─ not that she thought anyone will believe her asleep, even if she was in her room or lying in bed. But it would take them longer to go in, knowing that she was somehow quiet and calm in there.

The Alenerant understood it. She understood what those around her hold on thoughts and mourn over, as much as they attempt to conceal it under neutral expressions and firm voices, which still threatened to break in the middle of a sentence. But she hated it.

She hated seeing such sadness, sympathy, or pity for her. As much as she desired to be missed and remember, to be held on someone's mind and memory for the longest, she became bothered to see that she and her fate were the reason behind their sorrow. Because a part of her wished she could do something to change it; to take it away from them. An inner desire she carried around her like a halo. But she couldn't.

Her creamy bedsheets were still carefully smooth out, and the pillows delicately placed against the headboard one after the other when she went inside the room. A sign of her restlessness and the absence of her being in the room for as long as the nighttime had gone by. At least since she had left the room in the middle of it, when she had carefully stretched the sheets and put the pillows in place, before crossing the door to seek the herbal beverage which was meant to calm her nerves. However, she had found company instead, and a conversation which had somehow taken her far from the fate she would face today.

If it had all been a dream, it would be a good one.

Walking towards the bathroom, the female locked herself inside and let the water run for a minute before she decided to slide under it. Her naked foot testing its warmth before she went inside the shower. Once inside, she remained still under the stream. Letting the water wash away the tension on her muscles, and the steam cloud her head with a mist cloud.

Besides the day and hour in which she found herself, Elowen was surprisingly, yet disturbingly calm. There was a knot on her stomach, and a tingling sensation under her skin that made her heart quicken its speed for some instants every now and then, but she hasn't yet lost it. And that alarmed her. She didn't feel the need to cry. Or scream. Or hide in a corner of the room until someone came searching for her and dragged her out of it.

And somehow, she knew that when that urge crawled beneath her skin later ─ because it eventually would, it would be much worse than what it could do to her presently.

When every mirror and glass in the bathroom was left misty as a result of the warm vapour, with her feet reddened by the hot water and her cheeks under the same burn and rouge tone, she got out of the bath to wrap herself in a beige coloured towel. Attempting to keep the warmth on her body for as long as she could.