FIVE.

RYLANS POV

the alarm echoes through my room. my eyes flutter open and i quickly turn it off. the sun peaking through my curtains causing me to turn away.

my head was pounding and i had only gotten a few hours of sleep. the fact that i found my purse in graysons room had been wandering through my head all night. why the hell would he do something like that? and did ethan know about it?

i roll my eyes at the thought of him knowing about this the whole time. i really thought we had a friendship going on, but if he was in on this there would be nothing left of that new friendship. although the thought bugged me i did not think he was in on this, he seemed genuinely confused when he heard grayson and i.

my hand grabs onto my phone, seeing multiple texts of ethan and a few missed calls. as much as i wanted to know if he was aware of the actions of his brother, i did not want to hear his voice right now. just as I'm about to put my phone down it rings, nathalie her name appearing on my screen.

i don't hesitate to pick up, her face popping up. "good morning sunshine." she says, i can hear her trying not to laugh at my appearance. my hair was messy and i was still half asleep.

all i do is flip her off and letting my head fall back down on my pillow, i was definitely not a morning person and she knew that. "so anyways, just gonna get to the point since i know you won't get into a conversation with me now. but i was surprised this morning when i got a dm from ethan, he told me i had to tell you to call him back." the tone in her voice makes clear that she is very curious to hear whats going on. she still has the idea in her head of ethan and i becoming something but that wasn't going to happen.

"i found the guy who stole my purse." i say blandly, watching as her eyes widen and her jaw drops slightly. "turns out its the brother of the guy i thought was becoming my new friend." by now nathalie had sat up straight in her bed, her confused face making clear she probably had around a hundred questions. and honestly so did i.

"did ethan know anything about this?" she speaks after what seems like a minute, probably trying to decide which question she would ask first.

i shake my head and my lips part, about to speak but i get cut off when i hear my dads loud voice coming from downstairs. i can't make out exactly what he's saying but its somewhere along the lines of him being done with my mothers complaining and him being the one who earns the money and takes care of us. somewhere this was true, he worked the most but this was no where near my mothers fault. it was his own choice to work more, its not like we needed the extra money or anything. but everything gets twisted in this house, its always the way he wants it to be.

my teeth sink into my bottom lip, feeling nathalie her eyes on me through my phone. she's obviously worried about me. however i don't give her the time to pity me because i didnt need it, i was doing just fine. "so where was i? oh yeah, he spammed my phone with so many calls and texts saying he knew nothing about his brothers actions and how he's sorry."

she decides to listen to my story instead of asking if I'm okay, she knew me all too well that i did not want her to feel bad for me. "well he really wants to talk to you because he even reached out to me, wouldn't be surprised if he called jaden as well."

i shrug my shoulders in reply. "we will talk about it soon, but i don't feel like it right now." she nods, showing that she understands why.

another name now pops up on my screen. "its jaden, probably going to tell me to answer ethan. ill talk to you later, love you!"

"love you too." she replies before i pick up, jadens face now appearing. "damn you look rough." he says. "good morning to you too." i shake my head annoyed, however i can't help the small smile forming on my lips.