ONE

SAPHARA'S POV

I adjusted the black-laced dress that my 'mother' ordered me to wear.

I still can't define her with such a preternatural word.

From what I've experienced, I can definitely judge her in my mind.

I was the original child, yet I was ignored and neglected. 'But it's alright, its fine.'

Well, I'm still here. Still trying to understand them and compensate their rather-awful behaviours.

For my family, I'd do this, but only this. If ever there's a chance I could leave, I'd kill to have that opportunity.

'Nope, I am an Angeles, I should not think like that.' I am preparing myself for the ball-an engagement ball for me.

They say the company is getting weaker, and only the Riandro's can help us, thus making me as a contract.

For all I know, Mia likes my so-called fiance.

'I don't even love him.' Well, not anymore. But this is the key to make them notice me again, that I can do something right.

I want them to see that I also exist, Mia is always in the spotlight. Its fine even if I don't have everyone's attention as long as I'm also shared with equal love and care.

3rd PERSON POV
"La la la, la la la. Come Mr. Sweet, we're gonna have a tea party!" Syria played with her dog and other toys.

"Arf! Arf!" Mr. Sweet obeyed in a flash to his master.

They kept playing but abruptly stopped when she heard noises coming from the living room.

"Oooh, what is that?" The innocent Saphara got curious.

She peeked outside her door and listened intently.

"We need to adopt her child! The poor kid is all alone!" She overheard her mom.

'Who's alone?' She questioned herself but still listened intently.

"We don't have time for that bastards kid, don't worry about her! She can be safe in her bastard father." Syria understood what she heard. Even if the said person is unknown to her, she knew about her situation.

'Either she's abandoned by her parents, or her parents are dead.' She thought to herself.

At such a young age, she was smart yet still kind just like how her mother trained her- to be a perfect daughter of the Angeles.

After her parents come home, she was paralyzed to see Mia. She even thought it was a stranger! Mia had bandages all over her arms and legs.

She felt worried and sad seeing her cousin in such a state!

She didn't question anyone, she promised to herself that whatever happened to Mia, will not be a hindrance to her treatment towards her.

Days passed, she always offered to be Mia's playmate.

"Come Mia! Meet Mr. Sweet, he is my dog and is very sweet, hence the name of Mr. Sweet!" Saphara giggled, and that was the first time Mia also laughed with her.

Everyone was so shocked, yet happy at the same time for the Young Miss.

Months passed and Mia recovered from her trauma, and that was also the time her behaviour changed towards Saphara.