chapter 8

The next morning at school, I didn't see Timothee before our first class. Usually we'd walk to class together but not today.

I go into the class and I wait for the class to start. I looked at the clock. Timothee was gonna be late.

The teacher starts teaching and I don't even pay attention.

Halfway into class, Timothee walked in with his hair all messed up and bags under his eyes. He doesn't make eye contact with me as he walks to his seat.

What is going on with him?

I shake my head and I try to focus. The teacher assigns us a worksheet to complete. I glance at Timothee as he stares at his paper.

"Are you alright?" I whisper to him.

He shrugs without making eye contact with me. I sigh and I do my work.

The class ends and Timothee rushes out immediately.

What the hell? Is he really just gonna act like yesterday didn't happen at all?

I end up overthinking for the remainder the day. Did I do something yesterday? Maybe I shouldn't have even gone on that date with him. 

After school, I walk outside hoping to see that special tall brown haired boy but no luck. I take my phone out of my back pocket and stare at it debating whether I should text him or not. I sigh and shake head, deciding against it. Maybe later. 

I get in my car and drive home. I end up reading and doing homework for the rest of the night. I decide to take a quick break and I head downstairs. I open up the cabinet, looking for a snack to eat then I hear a knock on my front door. 

I shut the cabinet and I walk to the door, grabbing the handle to open it. I look at the person before me and my jaw drops.