chapter 9

My hand coves my mouth and I squeal, jumping up and down as I look at the girl standing before me which is my old best friend, Sam.

"Surprise!" She shouts with joy. I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tight as she does the same to me.

"What are you doing here?" I say before letting go to look at her again.

"I moved back and I start school again tomorrow!" She tells me as she walks into my house.

Sam moved back in 8th grade which was middle school. It's been like 4 years since I've seen her. Honestly her coming back is exactly what I need right now, especially during all this boy drama.

We walk up to my room and I start catching her up on what's been going on. I tell her all about Timothee and our date. I explain to her how last night was amazing and it ended greatly but he has been off with me all day.

"Girl, maybe he's just really catching feelings. Guys start to act weird when they catch feelings." She says to me as she rubs my back gently.

"I don't know, Sam." I sigh as I fiddle with my fingers.

"Time will tell, girl" she tells me.

I think I'm going to take a couple steps back because the last thing I want is to have my heart broken again. Plus, I need time to heal from Ryder, I can't jump into something else immediately anyways.

The next morning I force myself to get out of bed slowly and end up at school a couple minutes late. Just in time to see something else I did not want to see.