chapter 5

I stop dead in my tracks as my jaw drops. Ryder is cheating on me. I would've never suspected anything like that from him.

He notices me and pulls his mouth away from hers.

"Don't act all surprised. I know you're with Timothee." He says.

"I'm not with him." I say honestly. I don't even remotely understand why he would think that. Because we talk? So everyone I talk to, I'm dating?

I look over at Timothee and he shakes his head with disappointment in Ryder.

"Look man, I didn't mean to cause any harm." Timothee speaks up.

"Sure," Ryder laughs pathetically. "Whatever, you can have her. I've had her for too long anyways. She gets boring after awhile."

His words pierce through me. I stare at the guy who I thought I loved and I let the tears fall. I can't believe this is happening right now.

I quickly wipe my tears and walk to my car. I throw my bag in the passengers seat and I drive away. I drive quickly so I can get home and sob in my bed faster.

As soon as I get home, I throw my stuff down and I lay in my bed with several blankets and pillows. All I want to do is just cry and let it out.

A couple minutes later, my crying wasn't the only noise in the room. Timothee kept calling and wouldn't stop so I turned off my phone. I just want to be left alone and he should understand that. My eyes finally close and I drift into a peacefully sleep.

Then I woke up to my mom shaking my body.

"Wake up. Someone's here for you." I hear her say which causes me to slightly open my eyes.

"Who?" I groan and roll over.

"A boy, he's quiet handsome." She answers with a grin on her face.

I sit up and rub my eyes. I walk downstairs to see Timothee standing by my front door with a flower bouquet in his arms and an apologetic smile on his face.

I smile at him while running up and giving him a hug. He hands me the flowers and moves a piece of my hair out of my face. That's honestly so sweet and thoughtful of him to do this.

"How did you find out where I live?" I ask. I don't know why I'm thinking this out of all things I should be thinking.

"I asked around." He smiles slightly. His eyes are so pretty and his smile oh my.

"You did not!" I laugh. "That's really creepy."

"Thank you. This was really sweet of you. You didn't have to." I tell him and I give him another hug, this time a tighter one.

He shrugs. "It's no big deal. But I would like it if you'd let me take you on a date tomorrow night. I would tonight but I want you to have some time alone."

How much sweeter could he get? This shows how different people are. I just got treated like absolute shit by someone and now I'm being treated like a queen but someone else.

"I'd love that." I say to him.