chapter 4

I waited for Ryder in the morning and he never showed. I was beginning to think that maybe he parked in a different spot. Seriously he needs to get over himself. In the five years of us dating, this stuff never happened.

I got out of my car and walked into school. As I was walking to my locker I noticed Ryder at his locker talking to a girl. I didn't even get mad. He's allowed to talk to other girls and I'm not allowed to talk to other guys? He noticed me as I walked by and didn't say a word. Maybe this is the end?

I walk straight to the bathroom and look into the mirror. I fix my brown, wavy hair and I touched up my makeup before walking to my locker and getting my books.

I practically drag myself to class with an annoyed look on my face. I sit down and wait for class to start.  Timothee walks in with a bizarre smile on his face. That's something I've never seen. He sits in his seat and nods at me, smirking. This boy is always smirking. He hasn't spoken to me in a couple days, oddly. Usually he's always annoying me.

Class goes by slowly today which sucks because today is a bad day already. I just want it to be over with. Timothee and I glance at each other every now and then during class but that's it.

My next class is quiet interesting today.

"Ryder is so sweet!" A blonde girl with cake faced makeup squeals to her friend. I turn around and give her a nasty look to receive a fake smile back. She better watch it.

For the rest of the class she's quiet or quiet enough to where I can't hear her. I can't deal with this today.

Lunch comes around and I end up sitting by myself which is fine with me. I'd rather not deal with anyone today.

The end of the day finally comes around and as I'm walking to my locker, I remember that I'm meeting that mystery person. Oddly enough, I see Timothee standing there.

"Hey," He flashes me a sweet smile. Have I mentioned how attractive he is? I was scared to even think that before but now since Ryder is treating me like this then I have nothing to feel bad about.

"Hey," I smile back. Is he the guy? "Are you the person that has been texting me?"

He nods while looking at the ground. "Yeah, I am."

"How'd you get my number?" I ask curiously.

"You know, I just asked around." His eyes wander around. He's acting extremely different. "I'll walk you to your car."

I nod and grab my things from my locker. Timothee and I walk silently to my car. As we walked outside, I saw something I wish I never saw.

Ryder making out with the cake faced blond girl.