Love Bites (Vampire Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"What's the matter, huh?" you breathed, tenderness filling your voice. "I love you, Levi. I won't lose you. I can't."

"You don't understand," he hissed. "I could hurt you. I could kill you."

"You won't. Levi, I know you. I know you'd never hurt me," you insisted softly. "I trust you."

"No. I can't do that to you," he whispered, his voice hoarse. His blood was beginning to pool on the floor. "I don't want to be a monster. I don't want you to see me as some grotesque creature. Please, just go. I don't know how much longer I can control myself."

You sighed. "Levi, nothing could ever make me see you as a monster. I love you, and I know that you're a good person. So what if you drink blood? You need it to survive. And it's not like you're forcing me. I'm offering." You smiled reassuringly. "It'll be alright. Just go ahead and give in to your thirst."

Levi placed a hand over his eyes. After a few moments of silence, he smirked – the kind of mocking smirk a person gets when they know that they've lost. "Tch. You're so stubborn," he chuckled ruefully. He removed his hand so he could look at you, and his voice became solemn. "I'm sorry. It's so hard to resist. I want to drink blood so badly."

You held out your arms, inviting him into blissful surrender. His eyes widened in desperation, and you nodded.

Faster than you could blink, he lunged, pushing you down to the mattress as his teeth found your throat. In the split second before they pierced your skin, you noticed how gently he was holding you – not at all like before. Despite his bloodlust, enough of his humanity remained to remember that you were his (f/n). That he loved you.

Then his fangs were inside you, and you gasped at the pain. However, that was quickly replaced by something else – something that felt so, deliciously good. You moaned involuntarily, but you didn't care to be embarrassed as a pleasurable heat coursed throughout your body with each sip Levi took.

You wrapped an arm around his waist, bringing your free hand to the back of his head so you could hold him close. While you did desire more of this tantalizing sensation, your motives went beyond yourself. You wanted Levi to take what he needed, to end his pain, to heal.

"That's it," you breathed encouragingly, stroking his silky black hair.

When he was done, he licked your neck lovingly before pulling back. You felt a strange, tingling sensation, and when you brought your hand up to rub the spot, you found no wounds at all – not even a pinprick. You vaguely remembered from the legends that vampire saliva contained a healing agent.

Levi's eyes were once again blue. Human. Beautiful. He gazed at you for a moment before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to your lips. "Thank you, (f/n)," he whispered against your skin.

"Did you get enough?" you asked breathlessly.

"I did. See?" He gently guided your hand to his side, where you felt for a wound that was no longer there.

You couldn't hide the astonishment in your eyes.

Levi smirked at your reaction, but that was quickly replaced by a more uncomfortable expression. He averted his gaze from you as he explained, "I probably should have warned you. I wasn't sure, since I normally drink animal blood, but..." A blush formed on his cheeks. "I've heard that, when a vampire drinks directly from a human, it feels a bit...uh..."

"Yeah, I figured that out," you said, sparing him from finishing the sentence. You couldn't help but giggle at how embarrassed he looked. It was honestly adorable.

His eyes hesitantly met yours as he mumbled, "Sorry."

You shook your head. "Don't worry about it. Obviously, it felt, um...good." It was your turn to blush as you remembered the noises that had escaped your lips.

You cleared your throat, trying to diffuse the awkwardness of the situation. "Anyway," you began, starting to sit up, "I'm glad you're alri–oh..." Black spots appeared in your vision, and you swayed.

"Easy," Levi murmured as he caught you. He gently lowered you back down to the pillow. "You'll need to rest for a while."

Levi climbed off the bed, then deftly slid the sheets from under you before pulling them back up to cover your body. Then he grabbed the pitcher of water that you had intended to give to him, filled up a cup, and brought it to you. He delicately lifted your head so you could drink. Once you had finished that off, he made you drink another cup for good measure.

"Levi," you mumbled, not entirely coherent. "I'm sleepy."

Levi scoffed, but he couldn't help smiling slightly at your cuteness. "Then go to sleep, brat. I'll look after you."

"Sleep with me," you whined, even as your eyes drifted closed.

Levi sighed before removing his harness and bloodstained shirt. Then he crawled under the covers, pulling you into his arms. "So needy," he teased.

"Bite me," you grumbled playfully.

Levi hummed. "Don't tempt me," he purred into your ear, but you knew he was only joking.

You sighed as you snuggled into the warmth and safety of his embrace. "Goodnight, Levi. I love you."

"Tch. And I love you, you stubborn idiot." He pressed a tender kiss to your forehead. "Now go to sleep."

Like blowing out a candle, his words immediately released you into unconsciousness.