Love Bites (Vampire Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Please, (f/n)," he begged. Though it was impossible, he seemed to press himself further into the wall, further away from you. "Just go. I don't want to hurt you."

You stopped short, shocked by the strangled, broken sound of his voice. You had never heard Levi sound like that before, had never even imagined that you would. But there he was – the strongest man alive – pleading with you to keep your distance.

"You're not going to hurt me, Levi," you said gently, taking another step as you regained your determination. "I've known you for years, and you've never hurt me, not once. You're wounded. Just let me take care of you." You carefully lowered yourself to the edge of the bed. "I promise, everything will be alright." You reached out a hand...

Before you knew what was happening, you were pinned to the mattress, looking up at Levi. His beautiful, icy-blue eyes had turned blood-red. As they stared back at you, they were animalistic, hungry. There was nothing left in them of the man that you knew. The creature that had taken Levi's place opened his mouth, baring fangs – fangs – that he brought closer and closer to your exposed neck.

Terrified, you struggled against him, but his grip on your wrists was like iron. "Levi!" you cried.

Just before those fangs touched your skin, he froze. Then he pulled back. This time, when you looked into his red eyes, you could see the human in them. And he was horrified, disgusted.

As suddenly as it had come, his weight was lifted off your body. You bolted upright, facing Levi, who was now sitting against the wall opposite you.

He whispered, almost inaudibly, "Sorry. I wasn't myself just now." Indeed, it did seem that he had regained his composure. The only exception was the regret that shone clearly in his gaze, which was locked on the floor.

"Levi," you breathed, hardly daring to believe it, "you're a...a..."

"A vampire," he finished, turning to look at you with those piercing red eyes. "Will you leave now?"

"B-but, that doesn't make any s-sense," you stammered. "I mean, I've seen you in the sunlight –"

"Tch," he scoffed. "That's just a lie we fed humans to make them think they were safe. Sunlight doesn't hurt us."

You gaped at Levi as you processed his words, processed everything you had seen in the past minute. And the more you thought about it, the more it made sense – his inhuman strength, his speed, his heightened senses – it was all because he was a vampire. And earlier, he had closed his eyes so you wouldn't see the red, covered his face to stop himself from biting you...

You kept staring at him, and staring, and staring, until you noticed something that yanked you out of your shocked state. "Levi," you whispered, "you're still bleeding."

"Worry about yourself, brat, not me," he growled. "Just get out of here."

No, you couldn't just leave him. Besides, if the legends were true, then... "Blood will heal you, right?"

Levi's gaze shifted, and you could see in his eyes that you were correct.

You scooted down to the end of the bed. "Here," you said resolutely, opening the first few buttons on your shirt. "Take what you need. I don't mind."

Levi's eyes widened. You could see the longing in them, but he didn't move a muscle. "I..." He clenched his teeth together, then turned his face away from you. "Please, you have to stay away from me. I can't keep fighting it." Indeed, his body was trembling with the effort of holding himself back.

"Go on," you encouraged him gently. "If it'll help you, then drink all you want."

Levi shut his eyes, shaking his head.