Prologue (Part:4)

I had grown up a bit. I could wake up all on my own and I could finish my chores in just a few hours.

But whenever I finished the sh*t storm of chores piled onto my plate. Where the food kept decreasing so I wouldn't gain weight. But I'm SO not complaining.

There was another bullsh*t chore or two OR THREE waiting for me. Washing the dishes when there were no dirty ones.

They made me take the clean ones out and wash them again. To 'keep my skills from getting rusty'.

Making me practice sewing right after I just finished playing the violin, which gave me nasty cuts on the fingertips, which made it hard to hold a needle. By sewing up the maid's dresses, and socks, and nightgowns. F*cking lazy a*s b*tches.

If you hadn't guessed the list goes on and on.

I didn't really care at this point. I was already numb to the pain, emotional, and physical.

But whenever I felt like crying or just breaking down. I went into my happy place that was deep in the back of my mind. Whenever I went to it I could work until I dropped dead and come back out feeling like I slept a whole eight hours.

But my appearance couldn't seem to keep up, I had gotten paler, my ribs showed through my skin, my hair fell out from time to time, my eyes were sunken in, there were painful gashes in my fingertips and I just looked like a ghost.

But one day I pulled out of my bed just as I was about to wake up. I was primped and groomed beyond recognition.

I had makeup to cover my eye bags, improve my lips, and make me a regular color. My hair wound in an oh so tight bun. I could barely close my eyes which made blinking a fun exercise.

I had gloves put on my hands and black tights to cover the faint scars.

After that, I was quickly ushered to another room.

I didn't think I was going to be beaten again. But my mother was most unpredictable.

When we arrived, I noticed mother was dressed rather nicely as well but there were also two more people.

They were men but I never had any interaction with men so I thought they were very homely women.

Until one of them stood up and gestured to me with a big smile.

"Ah! My lovely daughter has arrived!"
He exclaimed with an ugly smile.

So this man was my father? He's loud. I don't like loud.

The other man leaned forward and looked me up and down. He looked creepy, he wasn't bad looking though.

He had a full head of hair, a bright smile, and a muscular body. It was his eyes that that threw me off. They weirded me out.

" She seems like a complete angel. You, come here." He ordered me while gesturing to me with his finger.

I obeyed and walked over to him. As soon as I got into arms-length he picked me up under my arms and sat me on his leg.

He rubbed my cheek before laying a soft kiss on it. The hairs on my neck stood up and my stomach churned. So I just paid attention to the wall. Just look at the wall.

I repeated the mantra over and over even as he spoke, " Just like a little porcelain doll."

Ew, just ew.

He set me on the floor once again.

He turned to my father with a big smile and reached out his hand.

"She's perfect! I'll take her!" He exclaimed.

My father grew a large grin himself before grabbing the other man's outstretched hand and giving it a firm shake.

"Great, you shall marry her when she is fourteen and consort with her when she's sixteen." My father explained to him.

He nodded and let go of my father's hand. He turned back to me, kneeling down with a glint of sadness and disappointment in his eyes.

"I wish we could marry here and now my sweet. But don't worry I'll be back to claim you as my bride." He sighed whilst stroking my face.

I don't know how many times I said it but I'll say it again. In fact, I'll spell it, C.R.E.E.P.Y.

He then stood up straight, gave my mother a quick nod, my father another brief handshake, and walked out giving me one more sad wave.

When it was clear that he was long gone my father turned to me.

" Now I've found you such a good husband. What should you say?" My father pressed me as he looked at me with a scowl.

I looked up at him and coldly said, " Thank you sir."

He furrowed his brow, " Why didn't you smile?"

" You didn't ask me to." I plainly stated.

His scowl disappeared and turned into one of exasperation. He gently pressed his fingers into his head and sighed, " Well at least you're obedient. You, " he turned to my mother who hadn't said a word through this whole exchange and quietly sipped her tea,

" You need to teach her to be appreciative and loving. A man doesn't just want a robot who'll just nod along. He wants someone who cares for him. I'll be taking away some of your privileges for this." He barked.

He then exited the room in a huff leaving me and my mother there.

She glanced at me. "Have I not taught you how to treat your husband?"

"Yes you have ma'am, " I immediately replied because she doesn't like it when you take long to answer.

"Hmm, your responses are a tad monotone. Well, I know how to fix that. On top of your chores, you shall attend gatherings and parties to gain more insight into how you should truly act." She said before taking another sip of tea.

She didn't say anything for a while before spitting out, " You may leave, cretin."

I'm glad I didn't know what cretin was. My self-worth, well, self everything was already at an all-time low.

As ordered I quickly excuses my self and walked out of the room. Not even anticipating that I was going to a very different version hell.