Chapter 16

(Hey! Sorry for the break, I got a summer job which made me hella busy. I'm going to stop working soon but I'm also starting my sophomore year in a few weeks which will keep me kinda busy again... anyways Thank you to everyone who still keeps up with this story!)

   Wrapping the towel around your body, you quickly made your way to the door. Once the the door was open, you turned back to Alois who was still sitting in the bath tub. He was watching you with quite some shock, as you had left him so quickly. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry. I never meant for things to go this far..." not waiting for Alois's response you left and quickly walked back to your room.
    Right after, Claude walked into the bathroom to help Alois get dressed. It was obvious that Alois didn't know how to feel. On one hand you rejected him him but on the other, deep down he knew you were right.
    Waiting outside your bedroom door was Hannah, ready to help you prepare for bed. "Go away." You told her, as you came up to the door. "You don't want me to help?" She asked. "No. I can do it perfectly fine on my own." You huffed, before walking in and shutting the door abruptly behind you. After dressing yourself, you got into bed. You still couldn't shake this feeling of anger. At first you thought you were angry at Ciel and Alois, however you soon realized you were really angry at yourself. You were angry that you let things come to this and you were frustrated that you couldn't give both of the boys what they wanted. You felt hopelessly confused on what to do.
    Meanwhile, Alois had dressed and met Ciel in one of the drawing rooms. "This is all your fault!" Alois said to Ciel, "You should have just left her alone with me! That's what she wanted and now you're just confusing her!" Ciel sat there with a cross look on his face, not believing a word. "You're the one who disturbed her perfectly good life with me in the first place. This is absurd, and childishly bantering over it won't help a thing." Ciel stood up. I'm going back to my room, id be gone in the morning if it wasn't for (y/n), but I'm not leaving without her." "Fine by me." Alois replied. "I'm finding this game quite entertaining." Ciel shook his head and left, he couldn't handle anymore stupidity.
    Walking back to his room, Ciel passed by yours. He stopped and took a step back to meet with your door. He thought about knocking. He wanted to see you, and he felt bad for making you feel this way. Taking a step closer, Ciel held out his fist to knock on the door. Hesitantly, he softly knocked on the door. "(y/n), it me, Ciel."  He didn't speak in his usual confident voice, it was softer and more sincere. "May I come in?"
    You had been laying in bed for about an hour now, your mind swirling with questions and thoughts. Hearing Ciel's voice, you sat up quickly in surprise. His voice had broken the long silence you had been laying in. Staring at the door for a moment, you were trying to decide on what to do. You were still mad at the two of them but something about his voice intrigued you. Finally working up the courage to get up, you started making you're way to the door, you slowly unlocked it and opened it. Ciel stood there, a smile almost appearing on his face when he saw you. You looked at him with question, as you were not sure what wanted. "Can we talk?" He finally said after the brief moment of shared silence.
  You stood there staring at Ciel. It took a moment for your brain to process what he had said. "What is this about?" You finally replied. "Would you like to go for a walk with me? I promise I won't talk for too long." Ciel said very gently again and held out his arm. You thought about it for a moment. You wanted to decline his offer but you took his change of persona as a sign of importance. "I suppose..." you told him, sounding anything but pleased. You turned and grabbed your robe, then tied it around you before linking arms with Ciel. "Shall we be off then?" He asked you. "Yes, carry on..." you muttered, before starting your Journey down the long corridor.
    The long, dark, hallway seemed to stretch out forever. As it was night time, the hallway has only illuminated by candle light. The candles' shadows flickered around the many dreary paintings that were hanging on the walls. Making them feel all the bit more sinister. "This manor has always given me the creeps, I don't know why you insist on staying here." Ciel told you, as the two of you made your way down the hallway. "Well I think it's nice, and I'm not Alois's maid here..." Ciel felt bad hearing you say this. "You know if you came back I wouldn't have you be my maid anymore." "Then what would I be to you?" You say, finally looking at him. "Certainly not your lover. You already have one." Ciel looked a bit upset, he didn't like you being right. "You know I don't love Elizabeth, If anything she's a annoyance. I can figure this out, okay? You just need to trust me." "I do trust you." You told Ciel. "But until you figure out a solution, I can't be anything more than a maid to you, and we already crossed that boundary..." "I understand..." Ciel said after a pause. He stopped and quickly faced you. "Just know that that I really do care for you and I'll do whatever it takes to be with you." Ciel leaned in close to you and gave you a kiss on the cheek before turning back to head to his room.
    You stood there in shock for a moment. "What the hell just happened?" You asked yourself. Walking yourself back to your room, you thought about the strange interaction you had just had. That night you couldn't fall asleep for a long while as you now had so many new questions. Was that Ciel's way of actually trying to be genuine?