34. Short Story Reviews #3

Book: Goldilocks and His Three Bears

Author: AM Riley

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: I absolutely LOVED everything about this story. But, I do have to admit that Scott, Paul and Brian tugged at my heartstrings.

The story is amazing. I loved every one and every thing about it. I was like the start of Brian and Scott’s relationship when I read this: giggly, fidgety, gasping, oohing and aahing, hand clamped over my mouth at 2am to keep myself quiet.

-

Book: Come With References

Author: Will K Sands

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: Really loved this short story. I could easily read more of these two characters. I also love the writing style of the author. I’ll be stalking – ahem – waiting for them to write more books impatiently.

-

Book: Wife For the Night (BoyWife #1)

Author: Layla Laguna

Rating: ★★★★☆

Review: I really enjoyed this. I loved Chris and his uncertainty, though I was unsure about Blake for a while. Once I saw them together, it was better and I could imagine a great future for them, both healing together.

Unfortunately, I wanted to read the next books in the series, so I looked them up on Amazon. I’m not a fan of sharing or infidelity, so I won’t be reading the rest of the series. It really spoiled this book for me, looking them up. I wish I hadn’t done it. Personally, I’m going to go with my imagination on this one. Pretend that they meet up by fluke and end up with a HEA. Really good book, interesting idea and well written.

-

Book: Vintage Toys for Lucky Boys (Randy and Max #1)

Author: G.R Richards

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: I really enjoyed this story. This is a new author for me, but I’m now a big fan. This was amazing, sweet and pretty perfect. The whole finger incident was really well done.

-

Book: Junk (Randy and Max #2)

Author: G.R. Richards

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: Just as good, if not better, than book one. I’m loving these guys and this author.

-

Book: Luscious Love

Author: Zach Sweets

Rating: ★★★★☆

Review: I loved this! I’m a big fan of chocolate and romance, so combining them together was just magic. This story was beautiful through and through, especially the ending. It was special.

-

Book: Only For You (Only For You #1)

Author: Chad Lane

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: This was incredible beautiful. Perfect. Stunning. I love Matt and David, together and apart. I just really, really sad that I can’t afford to buy Books 2 and 3 just now. Grrr! I. Must. Read. This. Series!

-

Book: Roaming Canisters

Author: Adrian Fridge

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: Original, well written Sci-fi short story. I loved it for many reasons. It was weird, funny, oddly sexy, sweet and cute. I really felt Waters reluctance, emotional struggle and attraction. I love how well we got to know the characters in so short a story. Loved it.

-

Book: Cuddly Buddy

Author: Nate Tanner

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: Brilliant. Beautiful. Sad. Funny.

This is a great short story, with awesome character development. It’s a rollercoaster of emotion. I loved every second.

-

Book: A Lesson in Truth

Author: Sloan Parker

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: A brilliant short story. This is a feel good, emotional love story and I loved it. The characters were well developed in a short space of time and I really felt their angst, their romance and smiled throughout.

-

Book: In Deeper (A Handful of Erotic Shorts…for Men’s Men)

Author: Olley White

Rating: ★★★★★

Review: Amazing, sexy, chillingly, achingly good! And that goes for all of these stories.

I don’t know what Olley White is drinking, but I want some of it. These stories are fantastic. I’ve never got so attached to a character, in such a short time, in maybe ever! I felt a connection with every character, through their POV, and even some of the extra characters that you didn’t see so much. I did it all in less time than some novels give me to know the MC inside and out. I left every story wishing it would never end. That’s the mark of genius. This will be one of my new favourites, to read again and again.

-

Book: The Chalet (His First Taste)

Author: Elisabeth Ash

Rating: ★★★★☆

Review: This was a great short story. I do wish we’d seen more. The information in the blurb, is the only way we know how these men met, what the circumstances are and where it’s going to lead. The story was good, with great writing and appropriate detail. I do feel like it’s an intermediate short, between two novels, because so much information is missing, but I enjoyed it.