"Are we together or was this just a game?" he questioned as he set the iPad on the table, "We were great yesterday until he came and basically put on a sad sap show. Your mom even fell for it. I don't even know how she thinks it's okay to have Billy exposed to that."

"Billy was asleep," I made clear, "And it's not a show he was putting on, Dexter. Theo deals with addiction just as much as I do. It's sad, yeah. Of course it's sad. He's only eighteen and dealing with all of this. It's not his fault though. It comes biologically, it's not like he had much of a chance. And no these are not necessarily good excuses, but they're facts."

"Wow," he commented.

"What, Dex? It kind of goes the same for me. I don't know why, I just know. You have to at least understand that."

"We're not talking about you, Laurie. We're talking about the guy who's basically a ticking time bomb just because he doesn't get what he wants. What's next after coming to your home late and high?"

"Can we just get me to school?" I asked, making it clear that I was upset, "I don't want to sit here and talk about this."

"Yeah," agreed Dexter as he got out of his chair and left towards the living room.

I took a deep breath and kept reminding myself that I've been clean for weeks now. That Dexter and/or Theo was not worth it.

I tugged my hands into my jacket before grabbing my bag and leaving the living room. I pulled the door closed behind me making sure to set the alarm as I did so. I jogged over to the passenger side and climbed in. It was a quiet drive for the most part. I picked at my fingers to keep me from thinking of anything else.

He pulled up to the drop off and I didn't hesitate to collect my things from the floor.

"Lauren," he groaned realizing I wasn't going to even say bye.

"Have a good time in Stamford," I whispered as I pushed the door open and climbed out.

I made sure to slam it shut and ran onto campus before he could say anything else to me. I really didn't want to have an episode today. It was the last thing I needed. I made it to my locker with minimal tears shed, which was a small victory in itself. I could be having a melt down right now.

"Ren?"

I spoke too soon.

I wiped my cheeks quickly and fixed my glasses on the bridge of my nose.

"Theo, I'm really not in the mood," I admitted as I shoved my Calculus book into my locker. I tugged my Literature anthology out and closed my door.

"I wanted to apologize and admit I was wrong," he replied as I turned around to face him.

"Thanks."

"I just don't trust that guy, Ren," he added.

I rolled my eyes. There was always a catch with him.

"Funny because he feels exactly the same way. You came to my house high, Theo. You scared me and you scared my mom. I could only imagine what my dad would have done if he was home. You got lucky. Do not push your luck. Go find your girlfriend. Leave me alone. I already made a fool of myself once for you today. I don't think I can do it anymore."

He sighed.

"I'll see you later, Theo. Make sure Tess gets her phone back and let your mom know you're okay," I insisted as I walked around him.

"So you and him are a thing?" he asked as I made my way down the hall. He managed to catch up and get into step with me.

"Theo, this is getting old," I whined as I turned into the wing my class was, "You're with Jada. Jada likes you and you like her. Why can't we just be normal exes? I mind my own business and you mind yours. Believe me it's not hard. Plenty of people at this school do it."

"Well we're not plenty of people," he replied.

I slid my hand through my hair letting the curls fall where they may. "He wants to be, Theo. We've done things and I'm considering. Is that good enough for you to leave me alone?"

"What do you mean you've done things?" he asked.

"Theo, you know what I mean," I insisted.

"No, I don't, Lauren. Enlighten me."

That's when the first bell went off. Students began to spill through the hall leaving us with practically no privacy.

"We've had sex," I whispered pulling on the hair tie hiding underneath my sweater.

He lost all of the color in his face.

I waited for some sort of remark, but nothing. It was concerning.

"Hey, hey, hey," I insisted realizing the crowd was getting bigger, "It's okay. It's fine."

I took his hand in my own hoping to offer some sort of comfort. I didn't know what else I could do. He squeezed hard and I squeezed back. He still held a completely blank expression as he focused on something on the floor.

"Theo?" I asked concerned tugging on his hand.

The late bell rang loudly.

"You've got to get to class," I reminded pulling my hand away, "I'll see you later."

I hurried in before my teacher closed the door.

Why did I feel so horrible? Why did I feel guilty?