Without You Finale

Start from the beginning

Sitting at a safe but close distance, he watches the proceedings cautiously, following the movements of each person like a hawk. There will be no betrayals on this day. Jerome and his guards are all on high alert.

Dwight seems aware of their scrutiny, sweating profusely. Luckily (for him), things seem to be going to plan. Jerome creeps forward slowly as things progress, ending up at Y/N's side as they ask to begin electrocution. He nods tersely and they flip a switch, funneling electricity into her body.

Jerome watches with morbid fascination as her back bows and her body surges upwards. When it stops, they stop and hold, watching for signs of movement. He searches her whole body, from her lips, to her eyelids, to her throat and all manner of places. Finally he rests a hand on her wrist, feeling for a pulse.

It takes a long moment, but suddenly Jerome feels a fluttering beat beneath his fingers. With a spreading smile, he observes her face once more and notices flicking eyes dancing under her eyelids.

"She's alive," he breathes in awe. The workers take the hint and move away from the switch as Jerome takes her hand in both of his and raises it to his lips in reverence.

After what seems like forever, Y/N's eyes slowly blink open, wincing under the fluorescent lights before finally landing on Jerome. He smiles softly back at her and brushes some hair from her face with the tips of his fingers.

"Hey there, gorgeous," he greets warmly. "I've been waiting a long time to say hello to you again. Our last goodbye left a lot to be desired."

She squints a bit in confusion, clearing her throat. "Who are you, again? Everything feels kinda fuzzy from being dead and all."

Jerome tries not to sound hurt as he replies. "It's me, Jerome. Your king. I know you just woke up, so take all the time you need to clear your head. I've waited this long; I can wait a few minutes more."

Y/N nods, but doesn't say anything else, probably searching her memories. Jerome lets her think as he stands there, holding her hand. When she still looks puzzled, he speaks up once more.

"Perhaps some action will spark your memory," he purrs. "There is a schemer to dispatch. Care to join me?"

This, at least, seems to trigger some feeling. Y/N grins manically up at him and lets him help her sit up, and then stand. After an initial wobble, she seems pretty steady on her feet and anxious to take part in the disembowelment of a traitor. Jerome guides her to where Dwight stands alone amongst his guards. He looks nervous as well as a little smug, both of which are somehow in character for the weaselly man.

Jerome smiles disarmingly. "Dwight! My buddy, I've gotta congratulate you on your hard work here. You've resurrected the Queen of Gotham, and completely of your own free will."

He begins to circle the man as he speaks, Y/N remaining eye to eye with him so he doesn't know where to look.

"However," Jerome contemplates. "That does make me wonder your motivation in all this. A man of your immense knowledge and talent coming to volunteer for me? Certainly don't see it very often."

"I wanted to join your illustrious ranks, sir," Dwight stutters.

"Ah yes, the membership fee. I remember," Jerome chuckles. "But you know anyone can join for free anytime? Clearly you must have known. And that you didn't flee Arkham and just join up and instead offered something means you want more than just membership. You want authority. You want power."

"My power," Jerome hisses, stopping in front of Y/N to look Dwight dead in the eyes. Dwight splutters. "Don't try to deny it. I have eyes and ears everywhere. I am not dumb. I've seen your envy in your eyes since you first appeared before me. But that was not your biggest mistake."

Dwight is terrified now, eyes darting between the two bloodthirsty predators as they both circle him now, the guards and other workers watching eagerly.

"Your biggest mistake was making yourself useless to me," Jerome crows. "All your little worker bees now know exactly what you know and could easily do what you do without you. That makes you dispensable. What need have I for a power-hungry nobody?"

"You don't," Y/N chimes in finally. She pulls a scalpel from the medical tray beside them and stabs him the face as Jerome holds him in place. They both cackle madly, blood spewing all over them as they take turns having a go at Dwight until long after he's stopped moving.

When they both finish, panting madly, they surge towards each other, grabbing a hold of one another and kissing passionately. They continue to kiss until Y/N collapses a bit, still weak from reanimation. Jerome sweeps her up in his arms, orders someone to clean up the mess, and carries his queen away to reacclimatize himself with her delicious body.

After they conquer one another, Gotham will surely be next to fall.

—————————————————————
Word Count: 1566
Finishing up another miniseries as requested literal ages ago. Not sure how long it'll take to come up with something completely new. Make a request if you've got one! Love,
Gingy