pt 10. hells fire in his eyes

Start from the beginning

Lost in my thoughts I barely heard the growl of my name from the man behind me. "Clover." I turned lifelessly and stood up upon seeing his expression saying 'we need to talk.' "esue me," I whispered pathetically, my throat not letting anything more then mispronounced words to escape.

I followed behind Sin, his broad shoulders not letting me see around him much, and we settled on the porch of the backyard.

I washed and scrubbed my hands for two days and still felt the cold metal, my hand cramped and twitched remembering the feeling and each time I had to wash them clean again.

"You have answered enough questions." I nodded agreeing remembering the awful questions I was asked. 'Did you lead him on for him to come on to you?' Excuse me? 'Was stabbing him necessary to get away while in the bathroom?'

I sat on the big swing and stared at my hands, if I allowed my self to do this for too long I would convince myself there was blood on them. Sin stood leaned against one of the pillars of the porch, arms crossed and an emotionless look on his face. "A security team will accompany your meeting." His tone left no room for discussion but I had already decided a discussion would be happening.

"I just want to apologize, they aren't needed." I looked across the beautiful backyard that had an elegant pool as well as hot tub, then vibrant healthy grass with flowers adding color on the side. "Your wants and concerns will not change my decision, save your breath." With his back turned to me he walked back into the house ending our conversation.

I stared at the floor beneath me feeling not myself. I'm not longer just a girl with dreams too big to fit in her head, Im a monster, and I will do anything and everything to wash away the blood from my hands.

"You all just- just wait here. Please." I instructed to the four men in very nice clothing, that intended on coming into the restaurant with me. I cursed my voice for not sounding like me, and barley being able to even understand myself. They each were clones of one another, never giving any hint to their emotion. One of them nodded silently and two stood on each side of the front entrance, the door was opened for me and I took a deep breath preparing myself. He deserves an apology.

I looked around the fancy but not too high class restaurant seeing as everyone was dressed quite like me, at least I did something right. I instinctively rubbed my hands down the sides of my jean skirt and straightened out my silk button up top before telling the waitress my name.

I was led to a table and as soon as she moved and the figure I would be dinning with appeared, I didn't know if I could do this. The handsome man stood up and I eyed his wavy brown locks as well as bright almost gray eyes. "Kellan." I shook his outstretched hand and tried my best to squeak out my name. Although I couldn't get much out and it wasn't almost incomprehensible.

I noticed him since when his eyes met my neck and I panicked when I realized I forgot to cover up the very distinct finger shaped bruises. "I cannot apologize enough to you, my cousin has never done anything like this. Please, consider my apology his own." I nodded and swallowed feeling my raw throat sting as it went down.

"I should be apologizing to you." If only it came out as good as it sounded in my head, my voice was choppy, and noises didn't sound right. We both ordered a drink and as soon as my water was placed in front of my I sipped some down letting it soothe my overworked throat. I ordered some soup and Kellan a steak, and I decided I was nervous for nothing.

"I realize it is difficult to speak so I'll try to ask yes or no questions." Kellan said kindly and I smiled nodding, "I didn't quite catch your name could you type it, it feels wrong to speak with someone and not know their name." He chuckled and I nodded agreeing.