Chapter Thirty two

Start from the beginning

"Oh, don't forget the 'it's not personal, your mother's just a bitch." Leonard added with a small smirk. "And how do we do that? Weaken the bond." Leonard asked.

I turned to look at Malik. "There's only one more bond stronger than mother to child." I raised my brows, expecting them to give me the answer. They both stared at me like confused children. I sighed and shook my head.

"It's the bond between mates," a voice called out from behind us.

"Exactly," I confirmed.

"How are you feeling Luna?" Absalom asked, really looking concerned. I smiled. If not for Aria, we were on our way to being good friends.

"I'm fine Absalom. Thanks for asking."

"No, no," he waved his hands in the air. "Don't be formal with me. We might have had a misunderstanding, but you're still my Luna after all."

"Well, not yet, but soon," I smiled and looked at Malik. "The only way to sever my mother's connection is to create a new one. How about we get around to that mating ceremony?" I smiled. But then a sad thought entered my head. I frowned. "What if they don't accept me?"

"That's really up to you. You're their Luna. Make them accept you." Absalom sighed.

"Well, let's get you to the pack house for now." Leonard smiled. I could tell he was ecstatic about the news. Honestly, I didn't know why he liked me so much, but I was glad to have a friend at times like this.

I nodded, but as soon as I took another step, I headed for the floor. "Woah there," Malik grabbed me and held me as he dipped me. We stayed like that for a while, staring into each other's eyes. I could get lost in his ocean eyes, so dark and blue it was almost grey. It was as if he entrapped me and I was drowning, only I didn't want to be saved. His ocean allowed me to breathe. In fact, I felt like I didn't want air anywhere else.

"This is a thoughtful pose." I blinked and coughed so Malik would hold me up straight. Absalom always knew the right times to interrupt. Leonard just stood there with a foolish grin on his face.

Malik had his signature scowl, sweeping me up in his hands. I was surprised he didn't go for his signature over the shoulder. He was quiet all the way to the pack house. I hid my face in his chest when we passed the other wolves. I just couldn't face them.

When we entered the pack house where I was expecting some solace, it was crawling with wolves. Of course, Iris, you destroyed their houses, they'll come here. As we passed by I saw Aria. She gave me a sad smile; I returned it.

"I'm fine. I can walk on by myself," I told Malik. He didn't drop me. He just stopped walking and turned to face the wolves.

"We will be having the mating ceremony tomorrow. Prepare yourselves for the fight by dawn." I could hear some wolves murmuring, but it was clear no one had enough balls to speak up, or so I thought.

"After all this destruction? Isn't better to rebuild first?" This was Talon. Ugh, the bitch, of course, she would speak up, of course.

"Are you questioning me?" Malik's brow rose.

"No, no, of course not. It's just that Iri- I mean the Luna doesn't look very well. Will she be able to finish the ritual?" She barred her neck in submission.

"How is that any of concern?" He sneered. I was surprised she was still breathing, normally acting calm and patient. Surely he would normally have rammed into the wolf.

"I'm not concerned for her. I'm concerned about the pack." Talon looked up, this time staring him in the eyes.

My, this girl has a lot of balls.