Ch-4 The one with the madman

Ch-4

Alexander-

My back ached as I made my way from cottage to the mansion.

My mind was still hazy and filled with doubt.

Did that really happen?

Did that girl fall on me from the sky?

Did she exist or was she a figment of my adventure craving imagination?

If she was real where was she from?

She looked foreign, even if you ignored her blue hair and purple eyelashes.

Her skin was dark and very different and warm features. I lived in the middle of England with summer holidays being my only access to outside world.

Her accent was also strange, she spoke fast and did not draw her words out. She spoke in English though I did not understand some words she spoke, like "fuck". What exactly did that mean? She seemed to be very fond of that word.

Her clothes, they were very inappropriate, but they were different too. I did not recognize the material her pantaloons.

Her face was so expressive. Ladies here never bore any expression besides shyness. In the course of our meeting, I saw anger, shock , befuddlement, disbelief pass across her face. The only expression that scared me was the sudden uninvited demureness.

Everything about her spoke of a distant exotic land. A land I would never get to visit. This thought made me sad.

The mansion was already in my view.

When I told the girl that I was going to fetch the maid and a dress, I was lying.

I was not convinced of the reality of the events that took place. I would have thought that I was hallucinating then, and forget all about her presence but my back ache served as a constant reminder of her existence.

I needed to get to Zion, quick or I would go insane. I do not want to go insane. I have not even seen beach yet. I needed him to come to the cottage with me and tell me that I was sane, that the girl was real.

Every time I thought about her, all I saw was blue. Why did have blue hair anyways? Did all the people from her land have such colorful hair? She did mention some Billish.

With all these thoughts overwhelming me, I did not see where I was going and only ended up bumping into someone. And thanks to my good luck it was the very person I was looking for.

He stood in front of me with the usual expression of amusement on his face, and if it were anyone else, they would have missed the brief flicker of worry in his face as he saw my mud coated cloths.

"Who ruffled your feathers, Sterling? You look rather out of shape.", he said as amusement filled his face yet again. He was good at masking his emotions.

"A girl, my lord", I said while bowing.

He got annoyed when I did that. My father was his father's butler, so we have grown up together and he was kind enough to ignore all social boundaries and treat me as an equal, though I was not even close. He insisted him to call him just Zion.

"You do that on purpose, don't you?", he said through clenched jaw.

He then added with a smirk, "What girl Sterling, the girls for the season are yet to arrive? Are you going girl crazy? Well, I did not expect this from you."

"No, sir, a blue haired girl fell on me from the sky.", I said with a straight face.

He chuckled a little with the level of amusement on his face increasing exponentially as he said, " A girl, blue hair, from sky ?"