ten ;

CHAPTER TEN
ICE COLD

sweater weather | the neighbourhood

❞cause it's too cold for you here❝

⋆⋆⋆

PARIS LIKED power.

He liked power a lot, but let's be honest here, who doesn't?

Walking in front of the 70 hostages they held captive as they trembled in fear was truly a sight to see. 

Usually, it would be Paris' priority to stay as anonymous as possible. No cameras, no staff member, not even the other guests should get a look at his face as he pickpocketed some of the most expensive jewellery in the world.

Of course, that was not always the case, sometimes it all depended on being seen and with a face like his, he really didn't have a choice but be noticed from time to time.

Even so, Paris was smart and precise, never having any trouble charming his way out of a search through his pockets or into someone's bedroom if it was necessary. 

But this heist was a different story, and I noticed how the effect of being in charge was slowly starting to change Paris. 

It's always scary when you think you know someone, only to discover their truly evil and malicious personality hidden deep behind their sweet smile.

"Venice and I are handing out red overalls, so you can be just as comfortable as we are. We ask you to put them on and hand over your clothes to Chicago."

Venice, on the other hand, wasn't affected by all the attention on him at all. He was used to people looking at him with fear in their eyes, being intimidated by the tattoo under his eye and his ice-cold eyes.

And even if I would never admit it, I was happy to know there was someone who could take care of Paris if all this would get even more to his head.

Venice roughly shoved the red overall against Anja's chest, not bothering to spare him a glance as he walked past him, his black leather boots hard against the wooden floor.

And maybe Anja had a death wish because just before Venice was out of his reach, he grabbed him by his wrist and turned V to face him again. 

V's eyes wandered from his wrist to Anja's face, before dropping the overalls and shoving him back harshly.

Anja tried not to stumble into the person behind him, letting go of V's wrist in the process.

"What do you want, Gomez?"

"I-I just, I don't feel comfortable-" V put his hand on Anja's shoulder, squeezing it tightly.

"It's okay, Gomez, I think the people here have more to worry about than your tiny problem, though I doubt anyone had their hopes up."