The Strange Guest

Who the hell would visit us at this time?

I quickly put on my nightgown and hurried downstairs to see Finnick and my Mom standing next to the door beside a hooded man. I was incredibly confused so tightened my grip on my knife (the one dad had given me) that I had brought downstairs and held by my side. I was about a quarter of the way down the stairs and could barely see anything. Just a glimpse of the hooded man and Finnick.

"Heavensbee, why are you here?" Finnick asked as he shook the man -Heavensbee's- hand smiling at him.

"Yes, Plutarch. You can't just risk you're cover like that." My mom chimed in as she gave the man a quick hug.

"I'm sorry about putting you guys back in the arena. It was the only way Coin and I could do it." He said in a quite tone. He was responsible for yet again risking the lives of my loved ones? I slowly went further and raised my knife higher.

"You done this?" I snapped at the man. I charged at him with my knife ready to stab him. Finnick swiftly blocked me from getting to him, holding me back against his chest. I tried to fight and wriggle my way out of his grasp but his grip just got tighter.

"Y/N, stop." He told me.

"Finn, he's the reason we're going to die." I countered angrily, continuing to try and free myself from his grip.

"Sweetie, calm down." My Mom came closer to me resting a hand on my cheek. "You don't know the full story." She insisted.

"Well then tell me. Tell me. I deserve to know why I'm going back to that awful place." I pleaded a mixture of fury and sadness in my voice. Finnick, my Mom and Heavensbee looked at each other before Heavensbee became the first to speak.

"She could be a good addition to the team." Heavensbee spoke as he gave me a sympathetic smile. "And she does definitely deserve to know."

"Thanks but what team? What are you three talking about?" I questioned as I looked suspiciously at my Mom.

"Most certainly not. If we tell her she is at high risk to the Capitol." Finnick argued. I knew he was trying to protect me but he was getting on my nerves. He looked my Mom in the eyes trying to convince her not to tell me.

"Wait, the Capitol is involved?" I asked naively looking at my Mom. "If the Capitol is involved I definitely deserve to know."

"No! What if the Capitol kills you? Which they will want to do if you know this information." Finnick again argued.

"FINNICK STOP ACTING LIKE IT'S YOUR JOB TO PROTECT ME." I snapped at him as I looked at Mom. "If it's a rebellion Dad would want me to help." I sighed as I rubbed my temples with my fingers. I was mad at myself for snapping at Finncik but I was stressed from the threat of going back and now from learning the two people closest to me were hiding a massive secret from me. I glanced at him to see hurt in his blue eyes.

"Fine." Mom finally agreed to my argument. "But promise us you won't tell anyone."

"Literally who would I tell? I have no other friends or family than you and Finn." I declared.

"Well, there's a rebellion and a district thirteen and us three are apart of it." My Mom started explaining. "And I suppose you too are now a part of it." Mom gave me a concerned look.

"There's a rebellion?" I smiled genuinely for the first time since Snow's announcement. "What's the plan?" I asked Heavensbee. "And sorry for almost murdering you." I apologized to Heavensbee causing him and my Mom to chuckle. Mom and Heavensbee went briskly into the dining room ready to discuss the plan. I looked over at Finnick to say sorry but he just stared blankly at me.

"You shouldn't have made them tell you." He said between clenched teeth. "If this fails, they'll kill you or worse."

"Finn. I have to. I've got to do this. For Dad, for Mags. Together we could make Panem a better place, like we always used to wish to do as little kids." I reached for his hand and he reluctantly held my hand. "Together we can stop the games. Together we can ensure no innocent children have to be slaughtered."

"I just don't want you to die." He said looking down into my eyes.

"I know." I whispered softly as I led him into the dining room, eager to find out how we were going to overthrow the Capital once and for all.

~~~
The four of us sat around the dining table, Mom and I side by side and opposite Finnick and Plutarch opposite us.

"Obviously, in a few days time Finnick and Y/N will be re-entering the arena." Plutarch began before being interrupted by my Mom.

"Hold up. What do you mean Y/N? It could also be me." My Mom questioned.

"See, Maria, we need you on the outside with Haymich, Coin and I. It is vital for the plan that you stay on the outside." Plutarch explained.

"Absolutely not! I'm going in there, there is no way I'm letting my daughter go back to that hell hole." My Mom protested.

I placed a reassuring hand on my Moms hand. "It's okay Mom, I'll go. Think of all the people we could save." I tried to argue.

"No. I promised you'd never have to go in there again and I'm not breaking that."

"Mom, I'm going in." I yelled finishing the argument. "Continue." I urged Plutarch.

"The basic idea is to break in to the arena, rescue the Mockinjay, the symbol of the rebellion, and the other tributes and bring you all back to District 13." Plutarch explained.

"How will you communicate with us and tell us when you're breaking us out?" Finnick questioned his eyes fixed on me. I nodded agreeing with him.

"Bread. We will send you in some bread every day. If you count it, it will tell you how many days or hours there are until we break you out." Plutarch answered.

"How are you going to break out? The force fields not supposed to be easy to break through." Mom questioned as I continued to hold onto her hand.

"In the arena there will be a tree. Every night at midnight, a mass of lightning will strike this tree. Bettie will make use of this and connect some wire to a spear that he will throw into the force field. As the lightning stricks it will blow up the force field. Then you all will meet at the giant tree in the 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock region where we will pick you up. Once on board we will remove your trackers so we can't be followed. Half the tribute are in on it, including Johanna, Bettie, you three, Haymich and more." Plutarch told us.

"I'm in. What do we have to do?" I exclaimed.

"Keep Katniss Everdeen safe at all costs. Don't kill any fellow rebels and try not to die." Plutarch said.

"Okay. But if it comes down to it I'll protect Y/N over anyone else." Finnick said as he looked into my eyes.

"And I'll protect Finnick no matter the cost." I smiled at my best friend.

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

If you wish to stay updated then add this to your library and if you enjoyed this part make sure to vote (but you don't have to) ❤

I hope you have/had a wonderful day.

Luna xx 😁