Chapter 4: Brewing Trouble, Will We Survive?

Start from the beginning

"Hahaha!" My mother laughed lightly.

The next day, my siblings started cry a lot yet again. My dad cut up some meat, with his claws, that he had kept sanitized and fresh with his mana and fed the bite sized chunks to my siblings. I was hungry myself and stared at the meat with saliva forming in my mouth.

I nudged on my father's wing.

He looked at me, laughed a little on the inside, and handed me a large chunk of meat much bigger than bite sized.

Thank you for the food! Chomp.

...So good! As always.

After finishing up my meal, I headed to my own special corner of the cave and started expelling my mana, practicing my healing abilities.

And like that, the day passed.

When night hit and everyone was asleep, I suddenly heard the autonomous voice again.

"4 months have passed. Scanning... Detected that birth has occurred. Playing message."

"Hey there Healing Dragon. So how did you develop yourself? I hope you don't regret your choice of what ever you picked. Was your birth favorable? I hope it was. If not, sorry for pouring salt on your wound.

But I have an announcement. I don't know how you developed yourself, but this message is to tell you that in half a year, a group of humans will have discovered your home and plan a subjugation of your guardians. Plan ahead and figure out how to deal with them.

I'll send you another pre-recorded message immediately once you complete the scenario, regardless of whether your guardians survive or not. Also, now that you are born and can sense your surroundings, maybe, try to do your "breath attack". Of course, since you are a Healing Dragon, it doesn't actually do any damage. The opposite, in fact. You should try it out sometime. I will have a prerecorded message for you a week from now to tell you how to do it. Ciao."

"Message end."

Sans yet again left a bombshell. If he is telling me this, then that means that the other reborn people are also facing this scenario too. I personally think this scenario is to cull out the reborn that can't deal with this kind of situation.

It's harsh to think about, but I can't let myself be apart of that statistic.

I need to tell my parents that humans are going to attack us soon. But, I can't very well verbally communicate with them.

Let's deal with that tomorrow...

...

The next day, Dad fed the siblings, myself and headed off to stockpile more meat.

Today, let's try to practice speaking intelligible words.

Let's start with the classic "Momma". Sorry dad, since you are not here, I have to settle with mom being my first word.

"Me... Mooee.." I tried speaking "Momma" but it kept going back to the "meep" noise whenever I lengthened the syllable.

But I can't give up here!

Mom also naturally understood what I was attempting to say and focused her attention on me once she heard me trying to say "momma".

"Come on, Setsuna, you can do it!" She encouraged, "say "Momma." You can do it!"

"Moomeep" I struggled. I got the mom part, but that is un-childlike. It has to be "momma".

"Come on sweetie, you can do it." My mom patiently encouraged me.