[33]

Hey! Just wanted to quickly thank all you guys for the support I've received over the past few days! I know I say it a lot but every single vote, comment and add to a reading list makes me smile and knowing you guys truly enjoy reading my writing makes everything worth it.

26th August 2015

***

"She won't do it." I laughed as Harry lifted Isabella onto her feet for the fifth time, only for her to fall back with a huff. 

"You don't want to walk for Daddy, little legs?" 

"No!" Isabella yelled out, earning a surprised look from Harry.

He gave up soon after, collapsing back onto the bed next to me and positioning Isabella on his bare stomach and removing one of his rings for her to play with, which she was thrilled about. She'd woken us before the sun had even risen, determined that it was time to wake up and play while the rest of the world slept soundly. Despite the silent pleas from my exhausted body asking for more sleep, the sun had risen through the thin curtains of the hotel room as we passed the time in any way we could.

Now, the time was just beyond seven and I was happy with the knowledge that today wasn't a show day. Tour life was great but doing the same thing constantly gets repetitive quickly, and despite only being here for one show so far, I'd forgotten hw exhausting the whole thing was.

"Did you ever write any other songs about me?" I asked after a few minutes had passed, the question had been playing on my mind since the previous night and my curiosity had gotten the better of me.

"I write far too many songs about you." He chuckled lightly, laying his head against the headboard and looking up at the ceiling. My heart rate picked up at his reply, my interest in what songs suddenly piqued. 

"Which ones?"

"I'm not telling you." He smirked, "if they ever see the light of day...you'll know."

"What about on the new album?" 

He simply shrugged in response, completely delighted at my frustration at his lack of an answer. I gave up, figuring he wasn't going to give me anything more than he already had, instead I turned my attention to the rest of the day.

"So...what are the plans for the day? I overheard someone at the front desk talking about a zoo that's quite nearby, that might be nice for the three of us?"

I watched him take his lip between his teeth as he brushed Isabella's hair from her face, his eyes not moving to look at me.

"I...I've actually got some press stuff we've got to do." He sighed after a few moments had passed, finally looked at me as he brushed his hair from his face. "I was going to tell you last night but...we got a bit carried away."

My heart sank as I realised what he was saying and that my dreams of a family day out had been shattered. I should have expected it really. After all, this was his job and not just a holiday for him.

"But it won't take all day, I'll be home mid-afternoon and then maybe we could get dinner and do something?"

I nodded as he restored a tiny bit of hope in my heart before excusing myself to where the tea and coffee station was in another room. I stood with each of my hands on the counter as the kettle boiled, completely zoned out as I let my thoughts run. Once the kettle was boiled, I made the two of us our drinks and carefully carried them back into the bedroom, passing Harry his coffee as he thanked me.

"Watch this." He said with a smug grin across his face as he looked over at me, he turned back to Isabella and sat up before gaining her attention. "Isabella, what does a fish say?"