Chapter 3: I Am Free!

Start from the beginning

"For a woman, it seems your mate is going to need your protection."

"Message end."

...

... ...

WHAT!? YOU DROP THAT BIG OF A BOMBSHELL AND YEET YOURSELF OUT OF THERE!? YOU BASTARD!

I was wondering if it was just a late development, but it turns out I am actually a girl and that the penis I was expecting turned out to be a vagina.

No...

*Mental Sniff*

NO!

*****

For an entire day, I didn't even bother cultivating. I was too busy dealing with the shellshock that bombshell left me to deal with.

Well, it is a new life for the price of a dollar o' seven... You can't expect everything to go your way...

With that thought I recollected what little reasoning I had left in me and started cultivating again.

*****

I was slowly getting impatient, struggling to get that next high of pleasure that came with getting stronger.

Right when I got it, I heard the autonomous voice again. I guess 4 months have passed.

"Four months have passed. Scanning level of strength of incubating dragon... Complete. Playing adequate log for recorded strength."

I patiently waited for Sans' voice his earlier declaration already in the back of my mind.

"Hello, Master Healing Dragon, I am the voice that comes every 4 months. I don't know what you personally call me, so just continue to address me as you already have. As you can tell by the title I just gave you, you are a Master ranked dragon. The log only plays if you are a master level or higher. More than likely, you have faced your limits on how far you can progress within every 4 months, you barely managed to feel like you grew stronger before this message played, didn't you?"

He guessed it. I will more likely not be able to feel that strength increase by the time i'm born 4 months from now. I will probably only be able to get to the halfway point of the next feeling by that time.

But, I also can't wait to be born. This darkness has been so tiring to look at for so long.

Sans continued.

"So, this will be my last acting log about your growth. The next one will be congratulating you for your birth and my wishes for the best of luck for your future development. Word of advice, just because you know what will happen doesn't mean it will occur the way you expect it to go. So keep doing what you want to do and go get 'em tiger."

"Message end."

Sans' words seemed like he was foreshadowing something, but of course, I had no idea of what. It feels that my birth is not going to be all sunshine and rainbows... I hope it's just negative thoughts that remain unanswered.

*****

I continued to cultivate with more patience after Sans' warning. I can't let sloppy work ruin the foundation of things. And what do you know, it's suuuuper cramped in this joint. I'm about ready to get out.

...

After waking up after mistakenly using too much energy, I twitched my head up and heard something different.

*Crack*

What was that?

I shifted my body some more.