|| 02 || Love Stronger Than A Giant Laser Cannon

Start from the beginning

"Well, you have fun with that, Monto. I'm gonna go hang out with Carla!" You left Monty a blushing mess and sat down by Carla again. Carla, who was currently laughing at Monty's expression. She looked at you and wiggled her eyebrows at you. You gave her a semi horrified look, your face now a similar colour to Ozzy's hair. Carla doubled over in silent laughter and Penny from across the table wordlessly chuckled at you expression.

—————— Time Skip ——————

Aaahhhhh. It's finally the last lesson. You were at P.E because you only brought a couple dollars and didn't have enough to pay for science. While walking out if the change rooms, you overheard the Huxley twins talking about something.

"Did you manage to break that cripple's wheelchair?" Felix's sharp voice was quiet as he whispered to his brother, Ted's soft voice responded in the affirmative. WAIT, WHAT!? Cripple? Were they talking about Monty? 

Listening for a little longer you heard that Monty was left in the school yard. Sneaking out of gym was really easy, considering Ms. Applegate wasn't even there. You just walked out the door to the gym and then walked out into the yard. Walking out into the play area, you saw Monty laying on the ground, his wheelchair had one of it's wheel disconnected from the chair, which meant Monty couldn't get into class. You were pretty sure you could hear some faint sniffles coming from the ginger haired boy.

Walking up to Monty, you sat down in front of him with your legs crossed. Monty lifted his head up and.... yup, he had a few tears clinging to the corner of his eyes and his cheeks. You gave him a worried look and silently wiped them off his freckled face. Even though Monty wasn't in the best situation, his face still flushed a light pink.

"Oh... hey (Y/N). I guess everyone forgot about me after the bell rang". You could see the fresh tears that started to well up in his eyes, you feel terrible for Monty. Actually, you feel terrible that you didn't notice him in the ground as you ran inside.

"Sorry to hear that, Monto" you see Monty's face flush slightly at your nickname for him. He mumbled something unintelligible under his breath, you were going to ask what he said but you brushed it off.

Monty sighed, "yeah. It's okay. At least it's nice out. Thanks for coming to keep me company". You gave him a toothy grin and replied with 'no problem!'. You both sat on the ground with an awkward silence taking a hold of both of you.

"Well, you probably want to be left alone. I should also get back to P.E" you said, standing up and wiping the dirt from your knees. Not being able to stand up, Monty tried his hardest to reach his hand up to yours as if he wanted you to stay, but was to embarrassed to say it. You chuckled and sat back down.

"Darn it! I wish I had my Monstermon cards here with me, then we could have something to do" Monty started absentmindedly plucking blades of grass out of the ground. You gave him a sly smile before running of towards the sand pit. Walking to the corner closest to the swing set, you pushed some sand away to reveal a tin box filled with Monstermon cards. Monty gave you a confused gave,

"Nugget and I hid these here this morning before kindergarten in case we every forgot our cards at home. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we played with them, as long as they all get returned" you explained. Picking out twenty cards, you shuffled them and gave half to Monty and kept the rest.

"A game of chance! Exciting and dangerous" Monty exclaimed, you silently laughed at his adorable enthusiasm.

You two spent the rest of the last lesson playing Monstermon together. It was probably the 3rd best afternoon you've ever had, just below the time you were walking with your parents and say a burning building and the afternoon the ice cream man's van broke down and you, Carla, Billy, Lily and Nugget raided it. You five had pretty bad sugar rushes for a few hours.

But alas, the bell had to ring and you saw your mother's car pull up in front of the building. Putting the Monstermon cards away in their box and re-hiding them in the sandbox, you bid farewell to Monty before going to walk out through the school. But you decided to do something else first. 

Before leaving, you leaned down and planted a small kiss on Monty's cheek before running inside. Looking back, you say Monty's face flush a colour that was put fire to shame.

On the way out, you saw a boy who was maybe in high school waiting out the front, what made you stop was his flaming orange hair and freckled face. You stopped by him and directed him to Monty's location. On the way home you though back to your afternoon, it was nice while it lasted, but you were sad Monty wouldn't remember it due to the whole loop thing going on. Maybe, you could just repeat the day again?

That would be nice~