2; stalking?

klaus had been keeping a close eye on the doppelganger and her friends, well, not really, he mostly just payed attention to jacqueline myers, the sarcastic girl who seemed to be scared of him, but too stubborn to show it.

he was infatuated with her, she seemed to be literally the perfect girl, she was beautiful, smart, kind, and cute. he needed time to actually speak with her, you can only know so much from just stalking a person.

jackie was in her childhood home getting ready for school in the morning. all her friends were seniors which meant she was the only one not going to college next year. though she had her whole life planned out for her already, she would go to whitmore college, and become a nurse. that's what her mother wants—even though she does like helping people, she wasn't interested in all of that like elena gilbert.

jackie's mom loved elena, more than she loved jackie, everyone knew it. her mom thought that elena was perfect, elena didn't have depression, elena was a cheerleader, elena had a good boyfriend, elena was going to be a doctor.

jackie knew her friends liked her, and she was grateful for that, but her own mother? she'd rather have her mother like her and everyone else hate her, but it wasn't like that.

she was loved, she knew that, but not by her mom. her father was another story, sure her mom verbally abused her everyday, but not physically, like her dad. her dad was a powerful man, who was included in big businesses and had a lot of power.

things went down hill when he lost all of his money to a poker game, he started drinking and i think you know what happens.

her dad was a horrible man, but it still hurt when he died. jackie tries to push through it though. she tries to act happy and normal, but on the inside she just wants to cry her eyes out.

jackie lays out her school clothes and shoes on her bedside table, she was going to change but decided she wanted to see her mother before she went to bed. she walked out of her room to the living room to see her mom who was drinking a little bit too much wine.

"mom are you okay?" jackie asked concerned for her mother. she ignored her question, starting to get angry. "you know, why can't you be more like your friend, elena?" she said calmly but darkly. jackie stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"i bet she doesn't come home late, you know she's gonna be a doctor? why don't you?" she said annoyed. jackie didn't know what to say, "i-i told you i applied for whitmore, to get that major." she tried to reason with her mother.

"just go to your room." she said disappointed. jackie nodded her head and walked back to her room, her throat burning from wanting to cry. before she was completely out of the living room she heard her mom say, "you're just like your father, a disappointment."

she closed her eyes for a second, which let one tear fall, but she quickly wiped it away. when she got to her room however, she was a sobbing mess, she couldn't breathe through her nose and her was red. "god, shut up jacqueline." she told herself putting her head in her hands.

klaus watched from afar and was truly shocked, he thought everyone loved jackie, you'd think especially her mom. seeing jackie cry, was just awful for him. he usually saw her happy and smiling. he watched as she slowly fell asleep crying.

             he hadn't noticed before, but there was an easel in the corner of her room, he watched as she put up a blank canvas and began setting out her oil paints, first she sketched out her drawing, putting details, to the woman she was drawing.