xix

jimin pov (flashback)

"jiminie~! i'm gonna catch you!" he starts chasing me through the field of the elementary school. we're still waiting for our parents to pick us up, so we decide to play tag.

"ahaha! you're too slow!" i yell out. next thing i know, i feel weight crashing on to me. he tackled me and now we roll on to the grass, bursts of laughter coming out. suddenly, we see a figure coming towards us. it's his dad coming to pick him up.

"jungkook! c'mon, let's go now!"

jungkook...

jimin pov

"jungkook!" i yell out, my head jolting up. i look around, trying to remember where i am. i'm in my classroom of the school i go to and i just woke up from a dream. everyone stares at me since i interrupted the class.

"s-sorry," i mutter. i look to my left and jungkook stares at me, his face completely flushed. he doesn't react, but his eyes are completely locked with mine due to shock.

not knowing what else to do, i impulsively stood up and walked out of the classroom.

"hey, jimin, you--!" the teacher calls out for me, but i completely ignore it. i run to the back of the school and recollect my thoughts.

it's jungkook.

jungkook. it's him. he was my friend in elementary school. 

he was the one i was texting this entire time.

he was the guy everyone was trying to hide from me.

he's the one i have feelings for.

i look up at the sky and spot a cloud. it's still a blob to me. after watching it for a few seconds, it suddenly turned into a butterfly. a simple, calm butterfly, satisfied with life.

i am that butterfly. i am truly happy.

because the one i love is jungkook.