↳ xi. you get me so high

xi. you get me so high
LOLA NOVAK

[🪐]

"I'LL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR
you." Matthew muttered in my ear softly, stroking my back in the most relaxing manner. I melted into him, feeling a strange ache in my heart.

It was because I was realizing that Matthew meant a lot more to me than I let on, and my yearning for him felt like it doubled every time I laid my eyes on the man. Every time those sweet words exited his mouth and entered my ears in a soft murmur.

Those sweet words that would probably cause me so much pain in the future.

I wished I could stop falling for celebrities. I wished I could just fall in love with a normal man who could walk down the street without getting approached or taken pictures of.

It was happening again, and I couldn't deny it. And I couldn't deny that I wanted it all to stop before history repeated itself. But I also couldn't deny that I wanted more. So much more than an intimate hug.

My heart clenched, and it took all of my willpower to pull back from the man. I gazed at his soft and caring features with a new adoration in me. The way Matthew looked at me, made me feel like I was the only woman on this planet. I knew that he had feelings for me, I just couldn't get myself to stop all of this before I hurt him. Because I was selfish, and I wanted more.

"You're making that face." I told him with a soft smile.

"What face?" He asked me, blinking.

"That one emoji with the big eyes." I chuckled at the man, and Matthew grinned in return.

"Replace the eyes with hearts, and I think you're right." Matthew said, and I flushed, feeling my stomach go warm at the discreet confession.

"You're the best." I smiled, reaching up and brushing a strand of hair out of his eyes. "You're so sweet." I muttered truthfully, and he pursed his lips together, smirking.

"I know I am." He said. "Time for you to go, doll." Matthew said, patting me on the back and turning me around.

"I don't want to..." I mumbled, sighing and walking to the door. I turned around, flashing him a smile. "Bye bye."

"Bye, Lola." He said, watching me go down the steps. "Wait—" Matthew suddenly said, and I turned around, wearing a smirk.

"Yes, Matthew?" I asked him.

Matthew pursed his lips together shyly, thinking hard. "Wanna come over to my place after work and watch a movie?"

My stomach warmed at his request, and I nodded casually. "I mean I guess."

"Whoa, calm down, will you?" He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Oh my god Matthew, I'd love to come over!!!" I squealed obnoxiously at him, laughing when he made a distasteful face at me.

"That was disgusting."

"Hey, fuck you."

"You would."

[🪐]

"HEY, DO YOU WANT to make cookies?"
I put my phone between my shoulder and ear, driving down the road. It was around 9pm now and we finished up work; I planned on stopping by the market to get cookies before I went to Matthew's house.

"Do you want to make cookies?" Matthew shot back on the other end of the call.

"Come on, it's not all about me."